Margins when Printing

I am running v. 6.16.4.8094. My printer margins are set to 1". However, when I print, the margins are half an inch! It is very difficult to use a 3 hole punch when you're punching right through the text!

Can someone please check into this?

Thanks very much,

John

• Level 5*

Hi.  The Evernote Editor has its own.. quirks.. and fixing those individually is not something that seems commercially feasible. 

Changing the existing code to allow margins to be optional probably involves 90% of the same work that would be involved in developing text styles,  or collapsible paragraphs for outlining. 

The cost-effective way to do that is to collect several similar features - maybe even all the ones being requested by users - and rewrite the code to include them all.  That's cost-effective but not quick.  It's likely an ongoing project already - on which Evernote is pretty unlikely to comment unless and until they get it to a beta release sometime.

Meantime back here in the real world,  the way to deal with this,  and in fact all the deficiencies of the editor,  for the time being - is to use your third-party word processor of choice (I have MSWord) and set up your styles and pages as required.  Evernote is fine to collect the drafts,  and to hold the final DOCX (or whatever) version as an attachment;  but the printable 'pretty' version needs to be formatted and printed elsewhere.

Not saying this is not a sensible and reasonable request,  just that it isn't currently possible,  and won't be possible for the foreseeable future unless Evernote have been working on this for some time already and surprise everyone by releasing something before the new year.

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  The Evernote Editor has its own.. quirks.. and fixing those individually is not something that seems commercially feasible. 

Quirks? Yes, very quirky!

Changing the existing code to allow margins to be optional probably involves 90% of the same work that would be involved in developing text styles,  or collapsible paragraphs for outlining. 

If that is so, then why do they have changeable margins in File > Page Setup?

Meantime back here in the real world,  the way to deal with this,  and in fact all the deficiencies of the editor,  for the time being - is to use your third-party word processor of choice (I have MSWord) and set up your styles and pages as required.  Evernote is fine to collect the drafts,  and to hold the final DOCX (or whatever) version as an attachment;  but the printable 'pretty' version needs to be formatted and printed elsewhere.

That's what I've been doing and, frankly, it's a pain! It changes fonts, it changes font size, etc.

Thanks Gazumped!

Best,

John

Archived