Work Chats Limited by Date

joepan

Idea

I'm looking to find a way to extend the earliest work chat showing in Evernote from two months to infinity--I want access to all my work chats. I brute forced the sql lite file into text & can see it contains work chats from long before, but I have no idea how to get those texts unjumbled. For some stupid reason Evernote only lets me see work chats from two months ago, but I need all the info from chats farther back. Can anyone help with a suggestion?

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, joepan said:

I brute forced the sql lite file into text & can see it contains work chats from long before, but I have no idea how to get those texts unjumbled.

Can you provide details on the tables you accessed for this.
I'll take a look; my first thought is to copy the tables into a spreadsheet.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, joepan said:

Know why dates would be converted to decimals, or how to change them back? 

Its a computer thing; date/times are stored as the number of seconds from a given epoch date (1/1/1970)

It should be possible to convert the number to a date using a script or formula
My head hurts just thinking about it; here's a solution thanks to @JMichaelTX

Okay, I'm going to mark this "Figured out myself after 3 days" & keeping my findings here to help others with the problem.

First of all, Evernote DOES keep chats online, despite what they say. One has to return to "old mode" before you can see them. Otherwise you can't, which is ridiculous.

Second, you can scrape texts by downloading a program like RazorSQL, finding & opening the database, & exporting all the tables into an Excel file. One will have all your saved messages aka work chats in there.

Archived