mlondon

Why can't I move/rename Notebooks in sidebar?

Idea

Hi,

Long time Evernote user currently running 7.6 on macOS 10.13.6

I can not understand why it is not possible to do the following directly from the main window on the macOS app:

- Rename Notebook (by either clicking directly on name, or Ctrl+click to bring up Rename option)

- Drag and Drop to move Notebook in or out of a stack (Yes, I understand that Evernote imposes an alphabetical order, but moving into or out of a stack should be allowed)

It is necessary to switch to the Notebook view to do either of these. Not a big deal, but why does Evernote insist on such a clunky, non-Mac way of doing things?

(Both of these action are standard features of virtually all other macOS applications that have a sidebar+main window interface (Finder, OmniFocus, Mail.app, to name just a few))

Can anyone explain this behavior? (as if anything that Evernote does makes any sense)

3 replies to this idea

3 hours ago, Ryokan said:

Same problem on Evernote Mac desktop version 7.9 (457564 App Store). Seems that the ability to move notebooks inside stacks is not working anymore?! This is so frustrating and annoying!!

Macs have always had limited functionality in the sidebar.  You have to work in the Notebook page.

Also see the post at 

I moved this discussion to the feature request forum.  To indicate your support, use the voting buttons in the top left corner of the discussion.

afaik  There is no technical reason why this functionality can't be developed
It makes sense that Evernote focus development on requests that have user support
A good start would be to show your support for the requests linked below using the voting buttons

Same problem on Evernote Mac desktop version 7.9 (457564 App Store). Seems that the ability to move notebooks inside stacks is not working anymore?! This is so frustrating and annoying!!