Can you turn off Dark Mode in Evernote only?

I've been using Dark Mode on my MBP since installing Mojave.  It has worked well until Evernote introduced it because in Dark Mode it is nearly impossible to see highlighted text.  I'd like to keep Dark Mode on in System Preferences, but not use it in Evernote.

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree. I really don't like dark mode in Evernote. I print out my notes and the colors are different when you print than when you are editing. If you want to see the text, you have to make it white, but then you can't print it on white paper.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 4:31 AM, arcticComputer said:

There is an option in the mac version, under preferences/general, called "Use light mode for notes"

It does not quite solve the problem because I would like the preview tiles to also be in light mode. I have a lot of transparent images in my illustration work that I'd like to preview in Evernote.

On 12/18/2018 at 5:50 PM, kkd927 said:

Open terminal and type following:

defaults write com.evernote.Evernote NSRequiresAquaSystemAppearance -bool yes

and reopen evernote app.

Terminal returned: "-bash: defaults: command not found"

• 2 weeks later...

+1

As an alternative: Better color mapping choices when Evernote is running in dark mode. There's no reason highlighting can't remain yellow in dark mode. On my dark mode system, highlighting shows up as a difficult to read brown. I'm disappointed this made it past Evernote QA.

• 5 months later...
  • Level 5*
On 11/16/2018 at 5:13 AM, John_S said:

I'd like to keep Dark Mode on in System Preferences, but not use it in Evernote.

I agree.  👍

I have set the display/preview of the Note body to light mode, but the other parts of the UI are very hard to read.

ATTN: @Evernote: (  @Chantal Leonard, @Johnathan Hebert, @Jason Miller ) 

Please ADD a preference to display the entire EN Mac UI in light mode.

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Although the script worked for the preview pane, it's still a pain that all other parts of the ui remain in dark mode. Preferences of the latest version does not give an option to switch between dark/light mode. How come? Please solve this.

• 3 months later...

Update: I was able to do this today in macOS Catalina.

• Open Evernote > click in Evernote > select "View" on the top menu bar > Dark Mode > select "Light Mode"
  • Evernote will be back in "light mode" #blindedbythelight 
  • image.png.1cd5ab7548d9f8f50d09575bb0757511.png