Jump to content
Join the #EverBetterChallenge and finish what you start in 2019. Read more... ×
  • 0
mnettles19

Notes disappearing when scrolling through list

Idea

I am having issues when I'm viewing "All Notes".  It says I have 44 notes but I can only see 9.  When I scroll down to look for more, everything is white/blank and then when I scroll back up to the top, my notes have disappeared all together.  I know they're still there, but they're not visible.  This is making is super to hard to not only keep track of my notes and what I've put into the system, but also to find things.  As you can see on the picture #1, I have 40+ notes but as I scroll down, nothing is visible.  if I were to scroll back up (picture #2), the ones that were visible,  disappear. 

Anyone else experiencing this?  Help!

evernote.JPG

evernote2.JPG

Share this post


Link to post

14 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0

@mnettles19 What client are you using? I've been at Evernote a few years and have never seen this client before. Is that a really old version of the Windows client?

My first recommendation would be to make sure you are using the latest Evernote client. You can get it here. You can also try logging into the web client and see if you have the same problem.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
46 minutes ago, Scott T. said:

@mnettles19 What client are you using? I've been at Evernote a few years and have never seen this client before. Is that a really old version of the Windows client?

Looks like this is the "Classic" version of the web client (as opposed to the "Current version" and the "Beta version"),  which is still available to some users who were grandfathered in. New users can't use this, as far as I know.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Scott T. said:

@mnettles19 What client are you using? I've been at Evernote a few years and have never seen this client before. Is that a really old version of the Windows client?

My first recommendation would be to make sure you are using the latest Evernote client. You can get it here. You can also try logging into the web client and see if you have the same problem.

Simple.  I go to EN Classic, context my main notebook scroll down past the last note on the screen and then scroll up a bit I get the below (clipped enough to give you the idea).  And a clip of the current note count of what is supposed to be in the display.  Been happening for quite a while now, reported it someplace before.  It's out there, whatever the conditions to cause it.  Hardly ever use the web so not a major issue for me.  Win 10 Pro.

ScreenClip.png.39e17875a031801a7ea85531bdccae3f.pngScreenClip.png.6649b3f35d9295efc84d6717b4d2c20f.png       

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

@CalS I thought it was the old web client, but wasn't 100% sure. How are you getting to the old client? Do you click on a specific link? Can you provide that for me?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
7 minutes ago, Scott T. said:

@CalS I thought it was the old web client, but wasn't 100% sure. How are you getting to the old client? Do you click on a specific link? Can you provide that for me?

Evernote web page and log in or https://www.evernote.com/Login.action to skip a step.  Didn't know there was another entrance.  The screen capture is for list view.  No list view in the other two versions.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

@jefito Thanks for the link! I learned something new today. 🙂 

@mnettles19 We definitely don't support this older web client anymore. I'm surprised it's still fully accessible by some set of users. We're aware there are a few edge cases that might still hit it, but not to this extent. 

I am able to replicate the issue you are seeing. I can't tell you exactly why it's happening, but it definitely won't be fixed. You should click this link which will at least switch you to the newer web version (not the beta). If you continue to have problems viewing your notes, I could help you further.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, CalS said:

Evernote web page and log in or https://www.evernote.com/Login.action to skip a step.  Didn't know there was another entrance.  The screen capture is for list view.  No list view in the other two versions.

Amazingly enough -- and you know this is coming -- danh, danh, danh.... the snippet view seems to work fine, at least with respect to this bug. :) 

Edit: OK, fooling around with this, I did see the bug appear in snippet view, so I'll retract the gloat... for now...

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
10 minutes ago, Scott T. said:

We're aware there are a few edge cases that might still hit it, but not to this extent. 

I think it's probably the list view that keeps the oldies coming back...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
29 minutes ago, jefito said:

I think it's probably the list view that keeps the oldies coming back...

Yup.  Though I only use the web when something untoward seems to have happened, make sure web and PC are in lock step.  Just easier for me to navigate list view.  So you can guess how much Current and Beta get accessed  by yours truly...  

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 11/16/2018 at 2:19 PM, Scott T. said:

@mnettles19 What client are you using? I've been at Evernote a few years and have never seen this client before. Is that a really old version of the Windows client?

My first recommendation would be to make sure you are using the latest Evernote client. You can get it here. You can also try logging into the web client and see if you have the same problem.

Hi there!  I tried downloading the new version you sent as well as logging into the web client and I'm still having the same issues.  What I am using might be a very old version (I dont think I ever upgraded from when I first activated my account years ago, but I'd think that by downloading the most recent Evernote Client would have solved that and it didnt).

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 11/16/2018 at 3:10 PM, jefito said:

Looks like this is the "Classic" version of the web client (as opposed to the "Current version" and the "Beta version"),  which is still available to some users who were grandfathered in. New users can't use this, as far as I know.

hi!  I couldnt tell you what version I'm using - is there a way for me to find that?  I downloaded this probably 5 years ago.  Used it, took a break for awhile (probably two years) and now I'm logging back in as I love Evernote to keep track of notes and finally have a use for it again.  I tried downloading the newest version per someone else's post but I still seem to be running into the issue of things disappearing when I scroll. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 11/16/2018 at 6:22 PM, Scott T. said:

@jefito Thanks for the link! I learned something new today. 🙂 

@mnettles19 We definitely don't support this older web client anymore. I'm surprised it's still fully accessible by some set of users. We're aware there are a few edge cases that might still hit it, but not to this extent. 

I am able to replicate the issue you are seeing. I can't tell you exactly why it's happening, but it definitely won't be fixed. You should click this link which will at least switch you to the newer web version (not the beta). If you continue to have problems viewing your notes, I could help you further.

Thanks so much.  Good to know I'm on an older version and this can hopefully be resolved.  I clicked the link you provided and it took me to a page where I can upgrade.  I'm completely fine with the free version - it has what I need in terms of storage.  Do I need to upgrade and pay money for this to work?  Also, once I'm in there, do I click on "go to Beta version"? or "Go back to Classic Version" to resolve the issue?

 

Thank you for your help!

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

@mnettles19 As I noted, it seems you're stuck on the older version, which we appear to provide for those who were grandfathered into using it. This was before my time at Evernote. I can guarantee that version will not be updated since it is not supported.

I'm sorry that clicking on the link appeared to ask you to upgrade. You shouldn't need to upgrade to use the product. Ignore the part at the top and click on the link in the middle of the page that says "Go to beta version":

1644081694_ScreenShot2018-11-27at13_27_10PM.png.92e5f1b750324e33ac16caa2ebbde1f0.png

That should get you to the latest version. If you have problems with the functionality, please let me know.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×