How to show Full-Width tables on any device?

KER_Evernote

Idea

Hello,

The last post I asked help about this, we got nowhere.  My problem is with the table width inside notes.  It used to be that when I would view a note with a table stretching across an entire note, it would span full width on any device I was viewing it on.  This has changed for some reason, and I can't get it back.  I've tried "Simplify Formatting", but that only lasts as long as I have the same note open and then reverts back after closing it.  I've also try "Match Note Width" Within the table's settings menu.  I'm at a loss.  This is a very important issue for my workflow.

Thank you for your help!

Chris

16 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 11/14/2018 at 9:54 PM, KER_Evernote said:

Hello,

The last post I asked help about this, we got nowhere.  My problem is with the table width inside notes.  It used to be that when I would view a note with a table stretching across an entire note, it would span full width on any device I was viewing it on.  This has changed for some reason, and I can't get it back.  I've tried "Simplify Formatting", but that only lasts as long as I have the same note open and then reverts back after closing it.  I've also try "Match Note Width" Within the table's settings menu.  I'm at a loss.  This is a very important issue for my workflow.

Thank you for your help!

Chris

There is an option in tables for matching the note width.  However, when the note is viewed on an iPhone the table expands beyond the width of the window.  Not sure you can have a table that spans the width of the viewing pane on all platforms.

ScreenClip.png.9983b9608aa074323593f4dc9be659df.png

I realize this is an older thread, but I'm having the same issue and there doesn't seem to be a solution yet.

I have notes with tables set to, "Match note Width" that look fine on the desktop aps, but I have to scroll the tables on mobile devices.  

Is there a fix for this?

• Level 5

You post on a thread that was silent for 2 years. Meanwhile all clients have been renewed. You say nothing about your setup - I can assure you if you are not talking about the legacy client, you don’t have the „same“ issue.

At the time this thread was active, there was NO table feature on the iOS client. In the new client there is the option to adapt the table width to the notes width. You can’t adapt individual columns, but the whole table will jump to the width of the note when tapping on that option.

On 6/30/2021 at 4:15 AM, PinkElephant said:

You post on a thread that was silent for 2 years. Meanwhile all clients have been renewed. You say nothing about your setup - I can assure you if you are not talking about the legacy client, you don’t have the „same“ issue.

At the time this thread was active, there was NO table feature on the iOS client. In the new client there is the option to adapt the table width to the notes width. You can’t adapt individual columns, but the whole table will jump to the width of the note when tapping on that option.

I'm using Evernote on all the possible platform. I've been using legacy client, but have installed the new evernote desktop client because I want to try the task feature. I also have Evernote on my MacBook and iphone. I also have it on my desktop computer and android phone.

In the legacy version of evernote, I can "narrow" down the table to the "screen-width" of my mobile phone so I won't have to scroll from left to right. I only have to scroll down for more information. This has been working out for me for a while now... but with the new Evernote desktop client, once I inserted a PDF file inside the table, the table-width expands by itself and can no longer be narrowed down to my preferred "screen-width.

• Level 5

Mac: Click into a table cell, an arrow will show. Click on it, you get a menu.

Here are the options for "adapt to note width" and "adapt to window width".

iOS: Tap into the table, from the "tables" tab over the keyboard tap on the 3 dots, then choose "adapt to note width".

Thanks for the assistance. But I must have missed doing a simple step or adjustment because I still cannot fix this issue for myself. 

I have attached a screenshot of my note taken from my windows desktop with the latest version of Evernote. 

I am also attaching 2 screenshots of the same note taken from my mobile devices (iOS and Android).

Screenshot 2021-08-22 12.14.26.png

2021-08-22 12.18.32.jpg

2021-08-22 12.16.25.jpg

• Level 5

Tap somewhere in the table.

From the options right above the soft keyboard, tap on the 3 dots far right

From the menu that opens, tab on „adapt to note width“. The option is down a little in the menu, maybe you have to scroll to get to it.

All columns will have the same width after !

For individually selecting column width, use desktop or web client.

I was excited by your suggestion because I realized I have been copying the setup from my old tables so I created a new table using the new Evernote windows app. Still did not work.

Thanks for all your suggestions and time assisting me on this matter... I'm letting it go for now, I'm sure someone somewhere will discover the same problem and it will eventually be fixed in one of the future updates.

• Like 1