Attach image from Skitch to Apple Mail

After upgrading to OSX Mojave, it's no longer possible to attach an image from Skitch to Mail. I always used to be able to drag and drop an image from Skitch in an email I was composing. Now I have to drag an drop the image onto my Desktop, and then into my mail.

Is this something being worked on?

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have tried a few. It is still the easiest. Skitch have not been updated for a few years. So I hope just as much you do. 

Still the best of its kind in my opinion.....

I also use Skitch for windows. Have tried to write to Evernote to get them to support Skitch for windows again, but never got a reply. I have the installation files for windows if anyone is interested. 

I also face this issue. The easy drag and drop feature of Skitch is the main reason I enjoy this product.

However now I drag it to my downloads folder in the dock and then drag it from there to my mail.

The shortcut of creating an email with the picture is commonly not useful, since I can't use it in replies. 

Right. But you get the image in an email and from there you can drag to the other email window by using shortcuts:

New email with the Skitch image will open in mac mail.

Drag the image from this email to another by using shortcut to change between emails: CMD+<

Then delete your current mail where the original Skitch was created. Use CMD+D to confirm that you do not want to save this email. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks for the tip @pletfaar

I contacted Evernote via their Twitter support channel (@evernotehelps) and got this answer:

Thanks for reporting this issue. Our development team is now investigating this problem and trying to identify the root cause to implement a fix for a future update. Given the nature of the issue, it isn't something I can fix for you directly, and it will have to be addressed via an update to the Skitch App. I don't yet have a timeline for when that will be, but keep an eye out for future updates and feel free to check in with me at any time. Since most of the skitch functions have been integrated into Evernote's annotation tool, I can't guarantee that there will be future updates for Skitch for Mac as a standalone application. My apologies for the continued inconvenience in the meantime. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Agreed.  This issue is happening for me too and is SO frustrating as it was literally 80% of the way I used Skitch and very commonly in replies so the shortcut just doesn't cover that aspect.  Shame.

Hope they implement a fix soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just upgraded my hardware and I'm experiencing this issue. Super frustrating!!

Quickly and easily marking-up & dropping a screen grab into an email is the PRIMARY way people use this app!

What is the hold up on this bug fix? Its been 18 months since it was flagged!! 

Fix it please!