Gmont

Default Folder is grayed out, can't change it

I've been using Evernote for Business for a few years. We have two users with accounts, myself and my business partner. Each person has access to the Business folder, as well as a Personal folder.

We have two Evernote Edition Scansnap scanners at our offices, one for each of us. When we scan items, by default it goes to a shared folder which we both have access to.

I just bought a NON-Evernote Edition Scansnap since I didn't want to buy more Evernote specific hardware, and when I scan documents it is putting it into a folder called "Business Cards", in our business folder, but I see no way to change it. So, how do I set the default folder?

I've read this page and it doesn't work, since it is grayed out. https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314728-How-to-change-your-default-notebook 

Edit: The mystery deepens. When I am in Outlook and open a PDF using my Nitro PDF reader from there, there is an option in my PDF reader to "Send to Evernote". When I do that, it's sending it to a Personal folder, "Documents (Personal)", so I am having things sent to two places by default. 

I've searched all over and can't find an answer to this. Help would be amazing...

You can create your own profile using the ScanSnap manager to put the output to a folder of choice.  Make that folder an Import folder in EN attached to whichever notebook you like, or create a new one.  For example I have it set up where my ScanSnap puts the output of a scan in a folder named My Scans which is linked to a local Notebook named Scans.  I use Scans like an Inbox, anything in it needs to get processed (Tools - Import Folders).  I never cared much for the SN default profiles

ScreenClip.png.fe4d5dff9a306660b96ad0807141975e.png   ScreenClip.png.634967927137ab50b067b2234c4a7d79.png

When I follow the above steps and go to Tools > Import Folders to set that up, it doesn't allow me to select any of our shared business folders. So how do I set this up to import to our business folders?

Evernote seems to give very piss poor support to business use unless I am missing something drastic here.

Didn’t realize you were targeting a shared folder.  This is a user forum.  Best bet would be to submit a trouble ticket.