Must kill Tray Application to restart Evernote

I have been happily using Evernote for years.  Recently I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, and I have been having a problem with Evernote since that upgrade.  When I first start up my computer and load Evernote, everything is fine.  But if I close it out, and then come back to restart it, it does not restart.  I click on the icon and nothing happens.  The only thing that I have found that works is that I go into the Task Manager, and shut down the Evernote Tray Application.  When that is done, Evernote will start normally.  This is really obnoxious to have to do this every time I restart it.  Does anyone know how to get around this?

I have the latest version of Evernote, 6.16.4.8094 (308094)

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Alison P said:

I have been happily using Evernote for years.  Recently I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, and I have been having a problem with Evernote since that upgrade.  When I first start up my computer and load Evernote, everything is fine.  But if I close it out, and then come back to restart it, it does not restart.  I click on the icon and nothing happens.  The only thing that I have found that works is that I go into the Task Manager, and shut down the Evernote Tray Application.  When that is done, Evernote will start normally.  This is really obnoxious to have to do this every time I restart it.  Does anyone know how to get around this?

I have the latest version of Evernote, 6.16.4.8094 (308094)

Some thoughts.

1. File - Exit next time you leave EN.
  2. File - Exit and then reboot your PC
  3. Completely log out and log back in (File - Sign out username).
  4. Uninstall EN using Revo uninstaller and reinstall.

Try in sequence, if none of them work contact support.

Archived