"Can not connect to server" error (clipper)

Lovely Elephant

Hi

I haven't clipped pages for an almost long time and today I need to clip some pages again. But the clipper can't clip and shows "Can not connect to server" error! I tried many times and tired and disappointed with this behavior. I tried it on Chrome and most of the time I prefer to clip pages from Chrome than other browsers. IE could clip, but the result was a little different from Chrome and the page I clipped was broader than I expected! and I'm not satisfied with it. Firefox is very slow on my machine. Anyway, Chrome was great before and don't know why the clipper can't clip my pages and show the error. I tried via VPN on and off, but the result is same. The version of the Clipper:  7.7.0.25-5c74687 - Chrome version:  70.0.3538.102 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Best

Masoud

error.jpg

21 hours ago, CalS said:

May not help, but I switched from Chrome to Brave Dev as my prime browser a few months back.  Have not had any issues, though Dev by definition is a Beta.  YMMV.

I installed Brave Dev and tried to clip a page, but the same error happens in this browser again! Why? if this error is a bug? if yes, why hasn't fixed yet? Chrome, Firefox, and Brave Dev failed to clip, IE's result is not clean and neat. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Masoud Moghaddam said:

I installed Brave Dev and tried to clip a page, but the same error happens in this browser again! Why? if this error is a bug? if yes, why hasn't fixed yet? Chrome, Firefox, and Brave Dev failed to clip, IE's result is not clean and neat. 

Do other web pages clip okay?  I can clip okay with all the browsers, Windows 10 Pro.   Any other changes to your device since it last worked?

1 hour ago, CalS said:

Do other web pages clip okay?  I can clip okay with all the browsers, Windows 10 Pro.   Any other changes to your device since it last worked?

Actually no, I tried below pages on Chrome, Firefox, and Brave, all of them failed to clip these pages. 

My OS is Windows 10. The last time I clipped a page was about 5 months ago until now I see this weird error that prevents me to clip a page. IE isn't giving me a clean result. When I back and check a clipped page on the Android version on my cell phone, the lines are mixed together and can't be read easily or not fit with the screen phone and need to move a page to left and right. It seems clipped by OneNote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrus_the_Great

https://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-create-a-christmas-sleigh-design-with-mesh-in-adobe-illustrator--cms-31879

https://www.phrasemix.com/collections/50-most-important-english-phrases

• Level 5*

I tried the first link, seems to be fine with me (Brave Dev).  Clip saved after I pressed Save clip.  You might trying removing and readding clipper to the browsers.  Last suggestion would be the old standard of reboot the PC.  Not sure it is clipper or something else that is causing the issue.  Sorry.

ScreenClip.thumb.png.1f75a780a90aed08fee09b4ad80c65e4.png

13 hours ago, CalS said:

I tried the first link, seems to be fine with me (Brave Dev).  Clip saved afert I pressed Save clip.  You might trying removing and readding clipper to the browsers.  Last suggestion would be the old standard of reboot the PC.  Not sure it is clipper or something else that is causing the issue.  Sorry.

I did, nothing has changed and the error still remains!

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Masoud Moghaddam said:

I did, nothing has changed and the error still remains!

I have nothing else at this point.  You could try reaching out to EN on Twitter.  Sorry.

Archived