Account reset after exceeding upload limit

pleasemakeitwork

Idea

I feel as though I am a Dickens character in debtor's prison and my debt keeps growing. About 40 days ago, I (accidentally) exceeded my BASIC upload limit of 60 mb per month. So I created a local NB and I have been working in that. I have not synced any notes because (1) I cannot sync and (2) the local NB never syncs.  My Account Settings told me 34 days ago that I had used 60 of 60 mb and that my account would reset in 29 days.  Today, 34 days later, Settings says that I have used 60 of 60 and the reset will happen in 24 days.  Is there a reason(s) why the reset has not happened yet?  Does merely opening a note in a synced NB somehow count against my used mb count?  I am not a mathematician but it seems that instead of serving a 29 day sentence I am serving a 53 day sentence (29 + 24).  In order to make sure that I do not get more  time added, should I never open any note that is not in my Local NB? thanks

3 replies to this idea

There are so many loyal Evernote users complaining about Evernote's upload limits that I can forsee Evernote becoming completely irrelevant and going out of business this year. In 2019, more and more Evernote competitors are moving towards unlimited uploads and unlimited storage, or at least Terabytes of data for a few dollars a month. I have been using Evernote for eight years now, and I've never run over my 10GB upload limit until this past month. Something has changed in the way Evernote is calculating the limits. Either way, I and many others would be willing to pay a reasonable amount for unlimited Evernote usage.

After eight years of using Evernote, I am considering moving over to OneNote, which has NO upload limits and very inexpensive storage. Many other Evernote users are doing the same. I can't be having to think twice before I upload something I may want to keep.

This is a problem requiring an immediate management solution, not something for a "some day" wish list.

I hope someone will get back to me with a real solution.

Thanks.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Barry Sussman said:

I have been using Evernote for eight years now, and I've never run over my 10GB upload limit until this past month. Something has changed in the way Evernote is calculating the limits

I've never come close to 10GB upload

I've not notice a changes in the posted numbers, but I'll keep an eye on them.  
It should be easy to cross check a large increase with my note collection.

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, Barry Sussman said:

There are so many loyal Evernote users complaining about Evernote's upload limits that I can forsee Evernote becoming completely irrelevant and going out of business this year. In 2019, more and more Evernote competitors are moving towards unlimited uploads and unlimited storage, or at least Terabytes of data for a few dollars a month. I have been using Evernote for eight years now, and I've never run over my 10GB upload limit until this past month. Something has changed in the way Evernote is calculating the limits. Either way, I and many others would be willing to pay a reasonable amount for unlimited Evernote usage.

After eight years of using Evernote, I am considering moving over to OneNote, which has NO upload limits and very inexpensive storage. Many other Evernote users are doing the same. I can't be having to think twice before I upload something I may want to keep.

This is a problem requiring an immediate management solution, not something for a "some day" wish list.

I hope someone will get back to me with a real solution.

Thanks.

You only need to post it once.  That and some facts might help to support an argument as opposed to  ...many loyal EN users...  ...more and more EN competitors...  ...many others would be willing to pay...  ...many other EN users are doing...  

Archived