Web Clipper after Gmail new update

Duhtch

About a month ago, Gmail had a new update (using Chrome in Windows 10).

Since then, Web Clipper sometime processes the previous email I clipped.

For example, let's say my bank emails 2 separate payment confirmation.

The 1st email clips correctly: however, 2nd email clips with the 1st email's info.

Any ideas or solutions?

Tim Richmond

Evernote Member Since December 16th, 2009

Hi,

Web clipper not working with gmail in Chrome. I think this issue has been reported a few months ago.

You can use selections. Title becomes 'undefined'. Everything that is clipped is a link to 'open gmail'.

I updated to the last version of the clipper.

Any ideas?

Pierre

Using Windows 10 / Chrome / Gmail, Evernote Web Clipper still has issues:

1. When I open Chrome, Gmail auto opens in a tab. When I try to use the Web Clipper, it does nothing. I must first refresh to Gmail tab, then that seems to wake up the Clipper.

2. As originally reported, Web Clipper still sometimes processes the previous email I clipped. For example, let's say my bank emails 2 separate payment confirmation. The 1st email clips correctly: however, 2nd email clips with the 1st email's info.

3. Today I noticed that when I use Web Clipper on an email sent to me (which was a reply to a previous email), it clips the previous emails: but ignores the newest reply in the email.

4. On some emails that appear to get completely clipped, they get a funky format with the text is long unreadable boxes.

Since my original posting, I did a clean reinstall of Windows 10, Chrome, Evernote, etc. Unfortunately, the problems originally reported still exist. For now, I will just forward emails that I want in Evernote using my Evernote email address. It takes a few seconds longer for an email to appear in Evernote (compared to Clipping): however, it seems to be working complete and correct.

I prefer using the Web Clipper: so hopefully, the problems will be resolved soon.

Archived