why is a device trying to attach or sync onto my evernote account

hi...I've noticed the past few times that my Evernote account has been attaching to an iPhone which I don't own (my husband has one but I did not attach/connect nor does he know how to) and it automatically tries to ask me to upgrade to the premium. can anyone help me to find out why is my account being compromised & why is it latching on to this other device which I did not add? thanks in advance!

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, pdgoff71 said:

hi...I've noticed the past few times that my Evernote account has been attaching to an iPhone which I don't own (my husband has one but I did not attach/connect nor does he know how to) and it automatically tries to ask me to upgrade to the premium. can anyone help me to find out why is my account being compromised & why is it latching on to this other device which I did not add? thanks in advance!

Just a guess, a hacker has obtained your userid/password and is trying to access data in your Evernote account.

I recommend you immediately change your password.  Only use this password for Evernote; not for other services.

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, pdgoff71 said:

I changed it when I noticed it the first time so I now have to change it again?

It never hurts to change passwords - and in this case if the iPhone is still trying to connect even after the first change,  then I'd say it's worth it!

Archived