mswillsher

Handwritten notes autosave

Idea

I frequently use my iPad Pro and Apple Pencil for taking handwritten notes during meetings.  When adding a handwritten note if I don't press done the note is not saved when I switch to other programs and then return to evernote.  It would be great if these handwritten notes worked the same as typing - in that content is autosaved as you enter it.  For my needs it would be even better if I didn't have to select to handwrite and could simply write straight into the note.

Thanks

Mark

4 replies to this idea

Hi.  Some colleagues here use third-party handwriting apps which may have an automatic save option - I'm not a user myself,  so can't confirm one way or the other.. sorry. :(

I strongly support this. Had a long and important handwritten note this morning. It disappeared because I didn't manually save it. Please fix!

The point is not that autosave would be a great feature to have... the point is that we live in 2019 and it should be there. Full-stop. 

I have just lost one hour of note taking and it is a shame guys....

i will move to another tool and will not renew my subscription.

i have no words

Same thing here. I thought that it is an issue with Android, but same thing happens on iPad. Crazy. Even more ridiculous that nobody addressed it since 2018.