Can't open attachments with other app

Hello all,

I remember to open files attached to notes with other apps instead of Evernote standard. I found it good when I could select to open these files in other apps, specially if they aren't supportted natively by iOS, such as OGV files. I could open OGV files in VLC app from Evernote, however, I since the last update I am unable to open an unsupported file that is saved inside a note.

Is there a way to activate this feature again?

Regards,

Nando.

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, Fernando Hofmeister said:

open files attached to notes with other apps

The attachment has to be exported, then opened by the other app.
Windows/Mac OS handle this extremely well, mostly transparent to the user.
IOS really sucks at this.  You have to use the IOS share menu to send the file to the other app.

Here's an example with an attachment 64C56332-DE04-4DDE-875E-5FA307786765.thumb.jpeg.3ff90f6d6ea17511ad24cdbc6ae8fc4b.jpegfile

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, r_ziliani said:

I didn't understand if there is a way to open a file in another application. With Iphone pressing on a file in evernote the sharing menu does not appear.. correct?

It's actually a quick tap, instead of pressing on the file

Also depends on the file type; IOS has some built-in viewers

We can assist you better if you post a screenshot

• Level 5

It seems the current iOS does not support viewing with other programs if there is a standard available in EN. 

My workaround would be to open the „Files“ app in split view on my iPad, then drag the file into a folder there. This creates a copy, that can be opened with other apps using the share menu options.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, r_ziliani said:

Does anyone else have experience of how to do that?!

I haven't been able to access directly audio/video files in Evernote/IOS

Switching to Evernote/Web gives me access

• Level 5

I agree, iOS seems to be pretty locked up. I could manage to get a „copy“ when a mp4-video was selected in the EN app, but I did not find a place to paste it. Maybe there is a chance to open both apps in Split view, and drag the video file from EN into the player app. I could not test this for a lack of test apps on my iPad.