Cannot see annotated PDF

I've had this problem all day.  Doing lots of annotation in a pdf file, almost 50 pages, using the EN annotating tool.  Saving and exiting works for a bit, but then it seems to lose the file.  I can see the note in the note List but the note itself appears completely empty.  I have tried using Note history and restoring different versions, and starting from scratch with new files, the same thing happens.  When I delete the notes and view in Trash I can see - in the left hand Note List - a tiny thumbnail of the pdfs (and I can spot annotations in it) but again the right hand note itself appears empty.

Just upgraded precisely in order to annotate PDFs, to be more productive ...erk ?

Any help greatly appreciated

Hello, I am having the same issue. It started when I updated to the current version of Evernote. I am using Windows 10, I only use Evernote one my Windows computer. Personally, I have tried looking for the pdfs on Evernote.com, and they are missing there. It happens when I have been annotating a pdf for about 30 minutes, when I save and exit the annotation window, only the title of my note remains, and there is only a blank, "new" note. I have reinstalled Evernote, restarted my computer, and tried copying the pdf I want to work with into a new note, followed by deleting the original from Evernote, emptying the trash, and syncing before attempting to annotate again. This happens both with the webclipper and when dragging a pdf from my desktop into the application. Also, when I go to retrieve older versions of the note under "history," the pdf is missing from there as well. I am certainly stumped!

An update: I have found a workaround that seems to work: Once you have the pdf in Evernote, before you start annotating, right-click the pdf and choose "save as." Save the file to a location on your computer, then sync Evernote for good measure. For whatever reason, I haven't had this problem since trying this. My hope is that this will hold me over until the next Evernote update.

I am also unable to see some annotated PDFs.  But I see that if I right-click on the apparently blank note in the Note List, I can save the attachment on my computer.  The annotated PDF file is saved and intact.  Let me know if this works for you.

Em 16/11/2018 at 12:47, BasieBand disse:

I am also unable to see some annotated PDFs.  But I see that if I right-click on the apparently blank note in the Note List, I can save the attachment on my computer.  The annotated PDF file is saved and intact.  Let me know if this works for you.

You saved my day @BasieBand , thank you very much fo this tip.

On 11/16/2018 at 12:47 PM, BasieBand said:

Interesting, this didn't work for me. Customer service wasn't able to figure out the cause of the problem, but I gave them all the info, activity log, etc. and hopefully they will have a fix in the next update. Ultimately I switched back to the old version of Evernote and the problem disappeared. It took a bit of hunting to find it, so I am attaching the link to the release post for the version that works. Best of luck.

Archived