Evernote for Mac 7.6 Beta 3

Nick L.

Hello folks, 

Evernote for Mac 7.6 Beta 3 is now available. You can download it here. This release is mainly focused on crashes and dark mode refinements. Please keep the feedback coming our way.

Enjoy!

7.6 Beta 3

Improvements and fixes:

• More Dark Mode refinement in many areas of the application
  • Accessibility fixes
  • Many crash fixes
  • Note canvas enables dark mode automatically based on System Preferences settings, but you still have the option to overwrite it in Evernote's preferences.
  • Now you can export notes again by dragging them out of the note list.

Known issues: 

• Spotlight search results are not populating for Mojave users
  • Context hasn't had dark mode applied yet. 
7 hours ago, Vincent Noel said:

This bug is still present in beta 3

to sum upcmd-backspace deletes the note when the cursor is in the title field of a note opened in its own window (I'm in expanded card view)

Thanks for pointing this out. We should have this fixed within the next couple releases. 

• Level 5*

Just want to roll this design issue forward to beta 3. I would gladly sacrifice some gray pixels that are doing nothing vs having extra clicks to get to routine items. 

35 minutes ago, EdH said:

Just want to roll this design issue forward to beta 3. I would gladly sacrifice some gray pixels that are doing nothing vs having extra clicks to get to routine items. 

Thanks @EdH

We're taking and deeply appreciating your feedback around the new overflow menu design, but I want to be be transparent and set the right expectation that for now this is the current design. We will continue to iterate over it to make reaching these options easier (in 7.6 beta 3 we added a keyboard shortcut to "Add notes to shortcuts"), but there's no plan to reverse the overflow menu back to the old design for now.

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, Nick L. said:

We will continue to iterate over it to make reaching these options easier (in 7.6 beta 3 we added a keyboard shortcut to "Add notes to shortcuts"), but there's no plan to reverse the overflow menu back to the old design for now.

I'm very concerned about your UI redesign of the Note toolbar.  I'm also confused as to what it current looks like as of Beta 3 (I have not and will not update to any EN Beta).  Could someone please post a screen shot of the current Note toolbar, and of the items in the Overflow Menu.

Thanks.

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, JMichaelTX said:

I'm very concerned about your UI redesign of the Note toolbar. 

For everyone's benefit, here's how the Toolbar looked in EN Mac 6.11.1

1827161132_2018-11-07_16-34-34(3).thumb.png.f91b09be4b9c2c3e6592cca63d97db9d.png

I do like keeping the number of tool buttons showing to a minimum, so that I can see all (most) of the Note tags.

Since everybody has a different need, it would really be great if you would allow us to choose which Tools are shown, with the remainder in the Overflow Menu.

Thanks.

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, romelden said:

Cannot drag the note from list to sidebar notebook

Bug Report; This may be connected; I can no longer drag a note.
I used to be able drag notes into another note's contents - a link would be inserted
In this version, attempting to drag a note just results in additional notes being selected

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, JMichaelTX said:

Could someone please post a screen shot of the current Note toolbar, and of the items in the Overflow Menu.

For customization of the note header bars, I posted a feature request here
Here's a screenshot of the new header bars and ... menu
Tags, Reminder, URL and Share Info show in the header bars only if active362230380_ScreenShot2018-11-07at15_16_11.png.95241f4011e9ab15d2d18f2bee832114.png

7 hours ago, Actors said:

HI, The color of the cursor in the dark mode would have to be white.

I cant see quikly.

Thanks I reproduced this with some existing notes. I filed a bug with our text editor engineers for a fix. 

As a workaround, simplify formatting seems to fix the issue, but be careful with it as it can strip other formatting that you may not want. 

16 hours ago, DTLow said:

Bug Report; This may be connected; I can no longer drag a note.
I used to be able drag notes into another note's contents - a link would be inserted
In this version, attempting to drag a note just results in additional notes being selected

Weird. I can't reproduce it. Can you DM me a screen recording so I can see your exact setup to properly reproduce?  Just reproduced it. Thanks. @romelden, this is the culprit to the bug you're seeing too. 

hace 2 horas, Nick L. dijo:

Thanks I reproduced this with some existing notes. I filed a bug with our text editor engineers for a fix. 

As a workaround, simplify formatting seems to fix the issue, but be careful with it as it can strip other formatting that you may not want. 

Thanks!!!!

22 hours ago, pgsvensk said:
Text for selected note title and description in Snippet View / Dark Mode is difficult to read:

image.png.e4c377eb2256d3b16d5a82e058b592f9.png

I can't reproduce this. Can you give me more information around System Preferences > General and any changes to your color schemes? 

Using the Touch Bar to change text color while in Dark Mode doesn't result in the "dark mode color versions" -- meaning it's hard to read. (It does switch properly if you change the text color while in Light Mode, and then switch to Dark Mode). 

951946679_ScreenShot2018-11-15at11_45_51PM.thumb.png.855480b23c5cad897b4a27c3ca59fa4b.png

• Level 5*
On 11/6/2018 at 2:03 PM, Nick L. said:

Evernote for Mac 7.6 Beta 3 is now available.

Mac 7.6 is now available.  Will there be a discussion started for this release?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Nick L. unpinned this topic
  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/13/2018 at 9:19 AM, Nick L. said:

I can't reproduce this. Can you give me more information around System Preferences > General and any changes to your color schemes? 

This got fixed somewhere along the way, thanks. May I just say that I have been using Evernote from just about the beginning, and I love it. Once in a while I go poking around the shiny new notetaking apps out there, and I just keep coming back. Good work.

Archived