Ineffective use of the screen

dtarasov7

Idea

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:19 PM, dtarasov7 said:

In Version 6.16 change screen layout ... :(   How I can remove this area ( red border in screenshot ) ????? 

image.thumb.png.e0530479408f5e54e85c85645aedd839.png

There is a new initiative at Evernote apparently to have a lot of gray space in the UI. At least on the Windows platform it is just reducing the available space to display note content. On the Mac platform, they are moving buttons to a submenu to give the gray area more space.

• Level 5*

This is mainly a problem if you're using the top list view, which in fairness is a pretty popular choice among folks in the forums. Several forum user suggestions were made to try to compactify it in the forum topic for the beta release that this change first appeared in. No response so far.

I use snippet view myself, so it's not really a bother to me, but top list view already steals vertical space in the application, since you're stacking the main header (context, search box, toolbar buttons, and search information if you have that enabled), the note list header, plus the note display (if you have that configured), so this is particularly a pain point for those users.

• Level 5*

Side list user with same issue.  Did a quick mock up, relocate the note count and move the menu items and the search bar up and you add a couple of notes to the list and don't have quite the same gray desert.  And @EdH, the phone is the only emoji I use.

ScreenClip.thumb.png.ec66f450ffa4d53c7e30d2c332e99f0e.png

• Level 5*

The three icons affect the note list (sort, view, tag selection), the three dots More options are for the notebook context.  Okay I suppose, but the three dots do seem in the wrong place to moi.  No biggie compared to the open canvas of gray.

Archived