mjv654

Lost note data: How can I recover it?

I was trying to copy/paste text from one note into another.  I must have accidentally copied some blank text in between, and thus lost all the copied text.  Command-Z (I'm on a Mac) did not undo it, and when I tried clicking Info-->View history, I get a "permission denied" error. 

Since I'm probably not the first person who's made this copy/paste typing error, I have to imagine there's a way to recover the lost text.  Could someone reading this clarify how to do so?  Thanks in advance.

Once the note is modified there is no way to recover the original without a backup or using the history feature.  Sign up for premium for a month and use note history to get a backup of the note.  Does not work if the note has been deleted. 

Being able to retrieve accidentally lost data (or backing it up) is a fairly basic feature for any text-based app, even for unpaid usage. 

I'd email Evernote to suggest this myself, but unfortunately even emailing their support team is only an option for premium/paying users.  

1 hour ago, mjv654 said:

Being able to retrieve accidentally lost data (or backing it up) is a fairly basic feature for any text-based app, even for unpaid usage. .  

On my Mac, I have TimeMachine running and personal backups using Evernote's export feature
Command-z usually works if I access it immediately

>>I'd email Evernote to suggest this myself, but unfortunately even emailing their support team is only an option for premium/paying users

All accounts can contact support on Twitter @evernotehelps  
Evernote also provides these forums for  users to post feature requests. https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/304-general-feature-requests/?do=add