Lost note data: How can I recover it?

mjv654

Idea

I was trying to copy/paste text from one note into another.  I must have accidentally copied some blank text in between, and thus lost all the copied text.  Command-Z (I'm on a Mac) did not undo it, and when I tried clicking Info-->View history, I get a "permission denied" error. 

Since I'm probably not the first person who's made this copy/paste typing error, I have to imagine there's a way to recover the lost text.  Could someone reading this clarify how to do so?  Thanks in advance.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Once the note is modified there is no way to recover the original without a backup or using the history feature.  Sign up for premium for a month and use note history to get a backup of the note.  Does not work if the note has been deleted. 

Being able to retrieve accidentally lost data (or backing it up) is a fairly basic feature for any text-based app, even for unpaid usage. 

I'd email Evernote to suggest this myself, but unfortunately even emailing their support team is only an option for premium/paying users.  

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, mjv654 said:

Being able to retrieve accidentally lost data (or backing it up) is a fairly basic feature for any text-based app, even for unpaid usage. .  

On my Mac, I have TimeMachine running and personal backups using Evernote's export feature
Command-z usually works if I access it immediately

>>I'd email Evernote to suggest this myself, but unfortunately even emailing their support team is only an option for premium/paying users

All accounts can contact support on Twitter @evernotehelps  
Evernote also provides these forums for  users to post feature requests. https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/304-general-feature-requests/?do=add

Archived