Recover notes after clearing trash

I cleared my trash not knowing I have 1 note in there and its now gone, doens't exist in the trash. Is there a way to "restore previous version" just like Dropbox? Or any other way to recover the note? Thanks. I'm using a Macbook High Sierra.

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, imatali said:

Now that I found the Purgatory folder, what do I do?

There's a separate folder for each note.
File "content.enml" is the notes contents.  You can try changing the extension to .html and open the file in a browser.

I've changed the .enml file into .html file. Since the original note is a text file, viewing it in web browser affects the font. So I imported it into Mac's Notes and it worked well. I call see the contents clearly, no jumbled up fonts. Thanks again for the help, really appreciate it.

• 9 months later...
在 2018/11/5 在 AM11點36分, imatali說:

I cleared my trash not knowing I have 1 note in there and its now gone, doens't exist in the trash. Is there a way to "restore previous version" just like Dropbox? Or any other way to recover the note from cleaned trash? Thanks. I'm using a Macbook High Sierra.

If you have a backup, you can use Time Machine to recover:
Start "Time Machine" <Select from "Restore from Mac, Time Machine Backup or Boot Disk" <Continue <Click "Backup" to confirm your operation <Select the appropriate backup according to date and time <Select specific file <Start transmission.
If you don't have a backup, unfortunately, you can do things: 1. Stop using this Mac. 2. Use the data recovery tool to scan your Mac to recover notes from emptied trash.