Beta issues

Eidosthropos

I was just switched over to the beta Web client and my entire (and extensive) tag hierarchy and my notebook stacks have been wiped out. Are others experiencing that too? I don't recall asking for Evernote to move me to a beta product which is less functional than the more-or-less stable version I was on. Yes -- I know I can switch to an older version, but is that why one pays for a premium subscription? It just gets curiouser and curiouser...

• Level 5*

Hi.  The new web client is a feature-limited test version,  and it wasn't Evernote's best moment to drop everyone onto the beta without notice and some large red warning notices.  Fortunately the fix is quick and easy - opt back to the previous version in Settings.

Thanks Gazumped. It's kind of an honor to get a response from someone who has helped me on my Evernote journey (I'm the frequent beneficiary -- indirectly -- of your participation in these discussions). That said, I have to agree with your assessment that "it wasn't Evernote's best moment." I stay out of the Evernote "tags vs notebooks" quarrels, but I do like my stacks and my nested tags and want to make sure that level of organization doesn't fall by the wayside.

JB

• Level 5*

Glad I've been a help.  I'm mainly around here because others have helped me,  and this keeps me in touch with developments - both good and bad- in my go-to app! 

( I'll just go polish my halo now ? )

Archived