Public Notebook link

"Modify sharing" which allowed you to create a public link for your notebook has disappeared from the new version.  Help and Support still instructs you according to the old version.  Now...when you right click on the notebook you want to share, "modify sharing" does not appear in the pop up menu.  I am on a PC.  We've tried this on several different computers (including MACs - no "Publish Notebook" appears).  We've also tried different browsers.  Nothing. 

If we want to post a link that can be used to access a notebook (Join or View), how do we now do that?  

• Ex Employees

Hi @psychgirl1968@yahoo.com. Unfortunately, the "Publish Notebook" option is currently not available in the new version of the web client. My understanding is that it was an under-utilized feature, so it was not prioritized as high as other features. We wanted to get out a new web client that greatly improved usability vs. the old web client.

I've passed on the feedback to the web client team that we should implement the existing Publish Notebook feature.

We're also actively working on a major improvement to all of our sharing features. So publishing of notebooks is one thing that is being considered as part of the redesign.

• Level 5*
On 11/1/2018 at 4:57 PM, psychgirl1968@yahoo.com said:

If we want to post a link that can be used to access a notebook (Join or View), how do we now do that? 

I moved this discussion to the web forum. 

The Publish Notebook feature is available on the non-beta Web version and the Windows/Mac desktop versions.

Archived