smilesmile

Sharing how I use Evernote

Hello,

I'm of Mom of three, work full time and volunteer for several organizations. I have a crazy life. Here are some ways that I use Evernote..

- I scan all my kids work into Evernote. My 11 year old knows how to do this and I'm working on the 9 year old. Why? Grade disputes and it helps with those scrapbooking project that I'll get to one day. Anyone one school aged kids is inundated with paperwork. I have them place school notes in the scanner so I could scan and read on the train I also show Family and Grandparent art and other projects and tests on Ipad.

- AR reading list and points. I have a file of the books that we are looking for and need to add to collection

- Share documents with my Girl Scout Troop as well as archived all the documents for our local Swim Club

- Room Party directions..I have a log of all the room parties and copies of the letters that I sent to families.

- Instructions for toys and receipts. I've pulled it up at target and got a refund for a broken TV..The service desk women was a little mad that she had to type the receipt number in but it worked..

These are just a few things. I would like to hear other ideas.

Yvette

• Like 1

I gave up on a scanner and just use the Scannable app on my ipad.

I also scan every piece of paper that comes my way.  

1. All scans are sent to my default notebook (@Inbox)
  2. I process these notes on my Mac when I have time
    I use a script to control the assignment of notebook/tags

The most important point is that these documents can be retrieved as required.
I  have a very controlled standard for tag assignment; its not a random process.

I also use Evernote for task management.
Each task is stored as a note, with the due date stored as a reminder date.

I create a note for every receipt (scan) and cash transaction.
This data is transfered to  a spreadsheet to produce  budget reports.

--------

The kids are young but are you planning to introduce them to Evernote and the iPad?
I  wish I had these tools when I was growing up?

15 hours ago, The Ubiquitou sAnomaly said:

Scannable is sweet but Evernote's default scanner is a pain. Is there a good alternative for android?

Check the app store - there are lots.  I can recommend Adobe Scan / Office Lens / Camscanner - but mainly I do use the native Evernote camera feature;  I capture in Android and edit on a desktop to crop / size / annotate the results.

On the more general topic - I also scan everything that comes my way (unless it's food or drink,  anyway...) and have a shared notebook with the family for grandson-related stuff.  He's not old enough to use his own account yet,  but guess what he's getting for a Christmas present in a few years...  ?

• Like 2

For a time the default scanner was painfully slow on iPhone, but either due to EN update, iOS update, or whatever; it's been significantly better in recent months.  As for other uses, my wife still loves paper lists, so when she's running the show; I scan the list, put in annotate mode for the resulting image and scratch them out with my finger as I go.

My solution for scanning on my i-devices is ScannerPro by readdle. It is fast, reliable even under low light conditions etc.

The best feature is the possibility to create own workflows, without coding. I have created several workflows related to repetitive scanning & importing tasks. They take the scan (can be set to jpeg or pdf), tag it with a set of standard tags assigned to the workflow (like ScannerPro, 2019, Music, Events) and import it as a new note to the designated Evernote-Notebook. Often this is it - the note is there, tagged and available to search and retrieval without further effort.

Yes it is true that the default scanner was extremely slow on the iPhone it was horrible, fortunately it has improved because I use it often.