carthagod

Huge bug: content of note replaced by another note...

Hi,

This is the second time I'm having a BIG issue.
- First time, the content of one of my note was simply remplaced by the content of another note, without any action from my part: I lost the content of the initial note...
- Second time, a few moments ago, the content of two of my notes my swapped. That is to say: I originaly had note with title A and content A and not with title B and content B, and now I have note with title A with content B and note with title B with content A... 

The second time at least I didn't loose the content of my note, but I got really scared and I started to seriousely doubt the reliability of Evernote. I've been using Evernote for years without this type of issues, but I think that if I see it one more time I'll have to swith to a new more reliabable solution. 

If there is ONE thing we can expect from a note taking software, especially as mature as Evernote, is that it actually KEEPS your notes SAFE and doesn't just overwrite randomly their content.... 

Help/solution here would be greatly appreciated, other than that I have no particular reason to quit Evernote. 

You should be contacting Evernote Support with this issue  https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

I can't help with the cause of the issue however for recovery you can use the Note History backup maintained by Evernote.  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313858-How-to-use-note-history-to-view-older-versions-of-a-note

Hi DTlow, thanks for your answer.

I did indeed subscribe to Premium for a month the first time to recover history, and history wasn't even complete... I felt obligated to go to premium and not even having my solution really fixed. 

But what bothers me more is the future: I now live in the fear of seeing my most precious notes disappear for ever... 

I'll submit a bug issue.

51 minutes ago, carthagod said:

But what bothers me more is the future: I now live in the fear of seeing my most precious notes disappear for ever... 

In addition to the Evernote data storage/backup, I have personal backups.

I have made sure I can recover from any such issues.
I have ansolutely no fear of seeing my data disappear.

How do you do that? 
The goal would be to have backups that sync at least every hour I suppose?

2 hours ago, carthagod said:

How do you do that? 
The goal would be to have backups that sync at least every hour I suppose?

I'm using a Mac with TimeMachine backups (hourly).

Evernote has an export feature; just select the notes and export.
This can be automated
- There are third party products for backup like Backupery.
- I'm using a script; Applescript on my Mac.
  I do daily incremental, and weekly full exports.

Just installed Backupery, seems really cool! Only thing is that backup is only daily, but oh well, worst case scenario is a few hours lost, that's not to bad... 

I was able to download and install without paying, though I see a "buy" button on their website and there seems not to be a free version: I guess I'll be asked to pay later on?