Keyboard shortcut improvements (Save, Tab)

jFog

Idea

Hello, 
I am a long-time Evernote user and I really appreciate all the changes you've done to the web UI and it is more user friendly and modern now. It is especially important for me because part of the time I use Evernote on an OS that does not have native Evernote application (Linux). 
Given that I am really motivated to help you improve user experience.

The application needs keyboard support, there are two example use cases:

Save: I want to save a note I just created, as a power-user I am saving stuff with keyboard shortcut - Ctrl+S/Cmd+S, in current implementation browser's "Save" dialog windows appears on screen and that is not something user would expect. Expected behavior - the note should be saved, no popups. 
Example can be found here - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/93695/best-... 

Move from Title to Note's text: I am creating a note and I want to add a Title and Content. As note is created my cursor is focused on Content field (note's body). And the only way to switch to Title field is to click it with mouse. Expected behavior - Shift-Tab should switch focus to Title field and Tab key from Title should switch to Content. This is how it is partially works in desktop Evernote for Windows - it is possible to switch from Title to Content by pressing Tab key but not vice-versa (no Shift-Tab support). 

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet

Archived