Is there an easy way to insert text at the top of a note created via Web Clipper?

rdenzel

I'd like to be able to add a simple comment or note to myself at the top of web pages I've added to EN via the Web Clipper.

If I remember when clipping, I can add a comment, which appears before the clip of the web page, but I can't find an easy way for when I forget. I usually delete the note and do it again, but I'm hoping there's a better way.

If this was a webpage editor I'd click the <> button which would show me the html/txt version, allowing me to insert some lines of plain text. Is there a way to do something like this with an EN Note?

Thanks!

Roland

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, rdenzel said:

I'd like to be able to add a simple comment or note to myself at the top of web pages I've added to EN via the Web Clipper.

If you use code block formatting, your comment doesn't get mixed in with the clipping

>>If this was a webpage editor I'd click the <> button which would show me the html/txt version, allowing me to insert some lines of plain text. Is there a way to do something like this with an EN Note?

On my Mac, I can flip over to the "content.enml" file and do direct text edits.
On Windows, edits can be done via a .enex export/import.

9 minutes ago, DTLow said:

If you use the block code formatting, your comment doesn't get mixed in with the clipping

Thanks, but most websites have some sort of header, and the block code box appears right in the middle of it, not before.

If I could find a way to insert something BEFORE the first thing in the note, that would probably do it, but you're already positioned in the web page's html 

Screenshot 2018-10-28 10.25.47.png

Screenshot 2018-10-28 10.26.30.png

2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

On my Mac, I can flip over to the content.enml file and do direct text edits.
On Windows, this requires a .enex export/import.

I guess for now I'll just delete and start over with something inserted via "add remark." 

Thanks for the suggestion.

Archived