What happened to the ability to annotate images?

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, washbear said:

With the latest version of Evernote, I noticed we can no longer annotate images.  Please bring it back!

To expand a little: right-click on the image in Evernote, and select either "Annotate this image" or "Annotate a copy of this image"

Nitpick: note to any Evernote development/UX folks peeking in: those menu entries ought to have the trailing "..." that implies a dialog will be forthcoming...

Yes, I used to be able to right-click on the image and select "Annotate this image"-- but now that "Annotate this image" doesn't even appear any more.  It's the same on two different PC's.  Are they quietly discontinuing this?

3 minutes ago, EdH said:

No. I have the next beta and it is still there. Maybe you are right clicking on an image format EN doesn’t support for annotating. 

I just rebooted.  I checked some images that I have annotated before and those do have the "annotate this image" when I right-click on them.  So it looks like you're right... the image I originally tried to annotate was not EN-supported. 

Thanks for the help, everyone!  I'm relieved the feature is still there!

• 4 months later...
  • Level 5*
13 hours ago, gmsantolo@gmail.com said:

Annotate image is something that seems to keep getting more difficult to use with every new version. This is a feature I like but don't want to have to struggle to use it. 

It's still there, and accessible in exactly the same way as noted earlier in this topic. Right-click on the image, select "Annotate This Image". This is in the 6.18.1.8300 beta for WIndows.

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, gmsantolo@gmail.com said:

Annotate image is something that seems to keep getting more difficult to use with every new version. This is a feature I like but don't want to have to struggle to use it. 

Can you be more specific? I haven't noticed any material change in the last 2 years to annotations.

Archived