2019 Calendar Templates Read more... ×

I have 2 devices using Evernote, Mac OS and iOS. 

Recently whenever I sign in to Evernote on iOS it tells me I have 3 devices and I need to deactivate one of them. My iOS device is listed twice.

So I deactivate one of them and in a few hours I have to do the same again.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem. I have one iPhone and one iPad that I use with Evernote. Today, Evernote is identifying my iPhone as a different iPhone than I used yesterday and it is asking me to unsync one of them. It’s only one and the same phone.

C9A7CEBC-21D0-4605-B334-FCF44F069F13.png

Yes, that's the same picture I see. One phone is called my iPhone the other is just called iPhone. Is this some kind of ploy to get us upgraded?

Doubtful

Thanks for your report. This issue is currently being investigated.

For those of you that are having this issue did you recently update to iOS 12? I have run into a verification issue on other sites and I think that's what caused it. @Scott T. could this be the culprit here?

@Sayre Ambrosio It's too early for us to determine a cause. It's actively being looked into, but I'm guessing it's not related to iOS 12. I think it goes beyond just a client-specific issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scott T. said:

@Sayre Ambrosio It's too early for us to determine a cause. It's actively being looked into, but I'm guessing it's not related to iOS 12. I think it goes beyond just a client-specific issue.

Good to know. Thanks. So if this comes up on Directly, I can let them know it's being actively investigated. Should I point them to this thread to keep an eye on it or there a better one?

4 minutes ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

Good to know. Thanks. So if this comes up on Directly, I can let them know it's being actively investigated. Should I point them to this thread to keep an eye on it or there a better one?

Point them here... my thread's the best! :)

I have not had it for about a week. I will notify this forum if I do again.

@CreationMom Thanks for letting me know. I've reached out to the developer regarding your account. I will give an update when I hear back. It's possible this is a separate issue.

Hi,

I have a free account and just tried to open Evernote on my iPhone and it told me I have to "Upgrade to continue using Evernote on this device."  Then I went to my Windows machine and launched it, but got the same message.  The alternative presented is "Stay with our current plan. Unsyc devices."  What is going on?  Do I have to start paying? I only us it on my iPhone and my laptop, and I don't use it that much - mostly to keep track of Christmas present lists and an occasional to-do list.

On 11/27/2018 at 12:15 PM, Scott T. said:

@Sayre Ambrosio @CreationMom, I believe this should have been fixed in production a few days ago. Are you able to verify if you are still encountering the issue? Thanks!

I haven't seen any issues with this particular thing recently over on Directly. I have however just come across one that mentioned that in trying to revoke a device they have an iPhone listed and they don't own an iPhone.

Thank you @Sayre I am not getting those messages anymore, so it appears to be fixed.

On 2018. 11. 28. at 오후 5시 30분, Scott T. said:

@CreationMom Thanks for letting me know. I've reached out to the developer regarding your account. I will give an update when I hear back. It's possible this is a separate issue.

I have a same issue here. I have a windows 7 desktop and a android phone galaxy 7 and evernote keep says I am using iphone. But I don't have a iphone.

It just appeared on my android screen today again.

I agree checking my account information as well.

Thank you maintenance team.

FYI, quick background on the issue we fixed:

Basically, we have a database query that pulls what unique devices you are using for Evernote. When there was daylight savings at the beginning of November, due to the fact that we move the clocks backward, we had a weird scenario where it was counting the same device as two different devices if it had activity during the repeat hour. We fixed our query, so anybody who had the problem should automatically be fixed.

If anybody is still having problems, it should not be related to the issue we fixed.

@CreationMom, you should probably delete out the duplicated devices and you should be fine. After that, if it happens again, please let our customer support know and our tech support can dig into this further.

@SeanJ, If you are seeing a device that isn't yours, it's possible you had somebody else access your account. I would revoke access for the device and change your password to be safe.

• Like 1

Wow... daylight saving, what a crazy idea with some wild implication. That's fascinating - thanks for the info and the effort to fix the problem! 
All seems to be working fine for me.

@Scott T. Though I do not own an I-phone, the i-phone device still keeps being included as one of my devices which is being synced with a Basic Account. I have even changed the Password, however the I-Phone keeps appearing again. Need to send my Log files which I have downloaded, please send me your / support email id so as I need to be sure that the I-phone user is malicious user with access to my notes

I have had the same issue with two iphones showing up for quite some time now. It just happened again this morning, so I'm not sure the daylight savings fix helped. 

I just reinstated my Scannable and Evernote accounts after a long period of time for Evernote and I'm being told that I'm using three devices when I've already unsynced my iPad.  

3 minutes ago, jeanneinnyc said:

I just reinstated my Scannable and Evernote accounts after a long period of time for Evernote and I'm being told that I'm using three devices when I've already unsynced my iPad.  

No sure about "unsynced my iPad".  Try revoking access in the account settings50751536_ScreenShot2018-12-04at12_08_04.png.101db22e8a7ccc5351c225ca2c366ace.png

I am having the same issue (continually for about 1 week). Evernote keeps telling me that I have 2 iphones & 1 Desktop synced and prompting me to remove a device. I have tried completing deleting all devices, removing the app and reinstalling and I continue to have this problem. Any suggestions? 

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 8.17.23 AM.png

@freelee Unless you change your password after revoking the device, it will show up again if your account has been compromised. As noted above, please review our security tips for additional help with securing your account.

Hi folks,

I lead the security team at Evernote.  The Evernote service and our apps are still secure; however, we discovered an unauthorized person testing a list of usernames and passwords that they stole from a site not associated with Evernote. If this person had the correct password for your account, they connected an iPhone app to it; and then used that app to search for cryptocurrency credentials. This isn’t a bug in our apps or service, it’s an unauthorized user connecting to your account.

You need to take some actions to protect access to your account. 

1. Change your password to a unique one. Make it one that isn’t easy to guess. Make it one that you don’t use on another web site. Consider using a password manager to keep track of your passwords.
  2. Revoke any Authorized Applications that you are suspicious about or that accessed your account from an IP address you don’t know
  3. Install an anti-malware application on your computer and run it periodically to clean up any known malware.
  4. Setup two-factor authentication on your account, especially if you don’t want to use a unique password on your Evernote account. Then, even if someone learns your password, they won’t be able to access your account without also stealing your phone.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Rich Tener: Thanks for the update. This seems worthy of a community announcement here in the forums, at least. And maybe a blog post.

• Like 1

@jefito thank you for the suggestion; we will post more about this type of issue and how it relates to password reuse in broader forum.

I wish I could say that this was a one-time event. We detect and respond to multiple groups of people testing stolen credential lists against our service. It's also not unique to us. It's constant activity hitting every major web service.

For anyone that would like to see if they are affected by a public breach and have had their password stolen, check out https://haveibeenpwned.com/ It's not an exhaustive list, but shows the importance of using a unique password on every web site you use or setting up 2FA.

@Rich Tener Actually, now that I think of it, and particularly since it's ongoing, it might be a good candidate for a post in the new FAQ section that Shane set up. Gives us non employees someplace to point to, for affected users to get a start on figuring out what's going on and how to proceed (like some of the advice given above). Beyond that, I and I'm sure others here appreciate your responsiveness in the forums (and presumably behind the scenes).