Jump to content
Aratus

2 devices

Recommended Posts

I have 2 devices using Evernote, Mac OS and iOS. 

Recently whenever I sign in to Evernote on iOS it tells me I have 3 devices and I need to deactivate one of them. My iOS device is listed twice.

So I deactivate one of them and in a few hours I have to do the same again.

Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post

I have the same problem. I have one iPhone and one iPad that I use with Evernote. Today, Evernote is identifying my iPhone as a different iPhone than I used yesterday and it is asking me to unsync one of them. It’s only one and the same phone.

C9A7CEBC-21D0-4605-B334-FCF44F069F13.png

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, that's the same picture I see. One phone is called my iPhone the other is just called iPhone. Is this some kind of ploy to get us upgraded?

Share this post


Link to post

For those of you that are having this issue did you recently update to iOS 12? I have run into a verification issue on other sites and I think that's what caused it. @Scott T. could this be the culprit here?

Share this post


Link to post

@Sayre Ambrosio It's too early for us to determine a cause. It's actively being looked into, but I'm guessing it's not related to iOS 12. I think it goes beyond just a client-specific issue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Scott T. said:

@Sayre Ambrosio It's too early for us to determine a cause. It's actively being looked into, but I'm guessing it's not related to iOS 12. I think it goes beyond just a client-specific issue.

Good to know. Thanks. So if this comes up on Directly, I can let them know it's being actively investigated. Should I point them to this thread to keep an eye on it or there a better one?

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

Good to know. Thanks. So if this comes up on Directly, I can let them know it's being actively investigated. Should I point them to this thread to keep an eye on it or there a better one?

Point them here... my thread's the best! :)

Share this post


Link to post

I have not had it for about a week. I will notify this forum if I do again.

Share this post


Link to post

@CreationMom Thanks for letting me know. I've reached out to the developer regarding your account. I will give an update when I hear back. It's possible this is a separate issue.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi,

I have a free account and just tried to open Evernote on my iPhone and it told me I have to "Upgrade to continue using Evernote on this device."  Then I went to my Windows machine and launched it, but got the same message.  The alternative presented is "Stay with our current plan. Unsyc devices."  What is going on?  Do I have to start paying? I only us it on my iPhone and my laptop, and I don't use it that much - mostly to keep track of Christmas present lists and an occasional to-do list.

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/27/2018 at 12:15 PM, Scott T. said:

@Sayre Ambrosio @CreationMom, I believe this should have been fixed in production a few days ago. Are you able to verify if you are still encountering the issue? Thanks!

I haven't seen any issues with this particular thing recently over on Directly. I have however just come across one that mentioned that in trying to revoke a device they have an iPhone listed and they don't own an iPhone.

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you @Sayre I am not getting those messages anymore, so it appears to be fixed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 2018. 11. 28. at 오후 5시 30분, Scott T. said:

@CreationMom Thanks for letting me know. I've reached out to the developer regarding your account. I will give an update when I hear back. It's possible this is a separate issue.

I have a same issue here. I have a windows 7 desktop and a android phone galaxy 7 and evernote keep says I am using iphone. But I don't have a iphone.

It just appeared on my android screen today again.

I agree checking my account information as well.

Thank you maintenance team.

Share this post


Link to post

FYI, quick background on the issue we fixed:

Basically, we have a database query that pulls what unique devices you are using for Evernote. When there was daylight savings at the beginning of November, due to the fact that we move the clocks backward, we had a weird scenario where it was counting the same device as two different devices if it had activity during the repeat hour. We fixed our query, so anybody who had the problem should automatically be fixed.

If anybody is still having problems, it should not be related to the issue we fixed.

@CreationMom, you should probably delete out the duplicated devices and you should be fine. After that, if it happens again, please let our customer support know and our tech support can dig into this further.

@SeanJ, If you are seeing a device that isn't yours, it's possible you had somebody else access your account. I would revoke access for the device and change your password to be safe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Wow... daylight saving, what a crazy idea with some wild implication. That's fascinating - thanks for the info and the effort to fix the problem! 
All seems to be working fine for me.

Share this post


Link to post

@Scott T. Though I do not own an I-phone, the i-phone device still keeps being included as one of my devices which is being synced with a Basic Account. I have even changed the Password, however the I-Phone keeps appearing again. Need to send my Log files which I have downloaded, please send me your / support email id so as I need to be sure that the I-phone user is malicious user with access to my notes

Share this post


Link to post

I have had the same issue with two iphones showing up for quite some time now. It just happened again this morning, so I'm not sure the daylight savings fix helped. 

Share this post


Link to post

I just reinstated my Scannable and Evernote accounts after a long period of time for Evernote and I'm being told that I'm using three devices when I've already unsynced my iPad.  

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, jeanneinnyc said:

I just reinstated my Scannable and Evernote accounts after a long period of time for Evernote and I'm being told that I'm using three devices when I've already unsynced my iPad.  

No sure about "unsynced my iPad".  Try revoking access in the account settings50751536_ScreenShot2018-12-04at12_08_04.png.101db22e8a7ccc5351c225ca2c366ace.png

Share this post


Link to post

@salilmeister@gmail.com / @clswenson and others who see unknown devices in your account:

If you ever see devices listed on your account that you do not recognize, you should revoke access to these devices in your settings and change your password. Please review our security tips for more details on keeping you account safe and preventing unauthorized access.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I am having the same issue (continually for about 1 week). Evernote keeps telling me that I have 2 iphones & 1 Desktop synced and prompting me to remove a device. I have tried completing deleting all devices, removing the app and reinstalling and I continue to have this problem. Any suggestions? 

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 8.17.23 AM.png

Share this post


Link to post

@freelee Unless you change your password after revoking the device, it will show up again if your account has been compromised. As noted above, please review our security tips for additional help with securing your account.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi folks,

I lead the security team at Evernote.  The Evernote service and our apps are still secure; however, we discovered an unauthorized person testing a list of usernames and passwords that they stole from a site not associated with Evernote. If this person had the correct password for your account, they connected an iPhone app to it; and then used that app to search for cryptocurrency credentials. This isn’t a bug in our apps or service, it’s an unauthorized user connecting to your account.

You need to take some actions to protect access to your account. 

  1. Change your password to a unique one. Make it one that isn’t easy to guess. Make it one that you don’t use on another web site. Consider using a password manager to keep track of your passwords.
  2. Revoke any Authorized Applications that you are suspicious about or that accessed your account from an IP address you don’t know
  3. Install an anti-malware application on your computer and run it periodically to clean up any known malware.
  4. Setup two-factor authentication on your account, especially if you don’t want to use a unique password on your Evernote account. Then, even if someone learns your password, they won’t be able to access your account without also stealing your phone.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

@Rich Tener: Thanks for the update. This seems worthy of a community announcement here in the forums, at least. And maybe a blog post.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

@jefito thank you for the suggestion; we will post more about this type of issue and how it relates to password reuse in broader forum.

I wish I could say that this was a one-time event. We detect and respond to multiple groups of people testing stolen credential lists against our service. It's also not unique to us. It's constant activity hitting every major web service.

For anyone that would like to see if they are affected by a public breach and have had their password stolen, check out https://haveibeenpwned.com/ It's not an exhaustive list, but shows the importance of using a unique password on every web site you use or setting up 2FA.

Share this post


Link to post

@Rich Tener Actually, now that I think of it, and particularly since it's ongoing, it might be a good candidate for a post in the new FAQ section that Shane set up. Gives us non employees someplace to point to, for affected users to get a start on figuring out what's going on and how to proceed (like some of the advice given above). Beyond that, I and I'm sure others here appreciate your responsiveness in the forums (and presumably behind the scenes).

Share this post


Link to post

I am still having this problem. Two iPhones are listed plus one desktop. I don't own two iPhones. Every so often Evernote asks me to deactivate a device, which I do. 

Share this post


Link to post

I just had it happen again after a few months of it seeming to have been fixed... About a week ago I updated my iOS. So that may have something to do with it.

Share this post


Link to post

Just happened again to me. This is super annoying to have to constantly activate/deativate an iPhone when it is clearly the same device.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Grzamy said:

Just happened again to me. This is super annoying to have to constantly activate/deativate an iPhone when it is clearly the same device.

@Grzamy To clarify your comment, you're saying that the device in your list is definitely your own device and just a duplicate? You're saying it's not potentially an unauthorized device?

Share this post


Link to post

Evernote will show me all my devices, two iPhones are listed plus one desktop. It tells me “last sign in” on each phone and both phones have the same name. I sign in on my phone frequently so I have no reason to believe it’s an unauthorized device. 

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks @Grzamy. I'll send this over to our dev and support and see if they have some information on this that can help. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/15/2019 at 9:41 AM, Scott T. said:

Thanks @Grzamy. I'll send this over to our dev and support and see if they have some information on this that can help. 

I started having this problem 2 days ago.  I have one Mac Ver 10.14.2 and only one iPhone but Evernote keeps saying am using two iPhones and gives them different names.  Very annoying!

Share this post


Link to post

@Idahobob, I looked at your account. The recent iPhone devices that have shown up in your account (and you have revoked) are different device identifiers than your currently active iPhone client. This looks like the issue Rich identified in his post above. Please ensure your account is secured. I would advise changing your password and not sharing it with any other website login. You may also consider enabling 2FA for your account.

Rich's post:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/117015-2-devices/?do=findComment&comment=525791

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you Scott.  I will change my Evernote password and see how that works.  I'd rather not go to 2FA.

Bob

Share this post


Link to post

It happened again to me today. It happens when I'm running Evernote on my iMac. Suddenly it locks up and tells me I need to upgrade or revoke. This time, however, instead of listing two iPhones, it listed one iPhone and an Android. I don't own an Android device. So, I revoked the Android, signed out of my iMac app and iphone app, created a new password and signed back in. So is Evernote staff believing this is happening from insecure accounts? 

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/22/2019 at 11:55 AM, Idahobob said:

Thank you Scott.  I will change my Evernote password and see how that works.  I'd rather not go to 2FA.

Bob

I changed my password and so far no repeat of the issue.  So far...

Bob

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Grzamy said:

So is Evernote staff believing this is happening from insecure accounts? 

That theory is users specify the same password on various sites.  The bad guys pick up the userid/passwords from a less secure web site, and try them out on sites like Evernote.

The protection for this is to only use your Evernote password at Evernote.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Much like many large websites, hackers are pretty much constantly testing out credentials in two ways:

  1. They're testing lists of emails/usernames to see if they are valid Evernote accounts. Presumably these are coming from previous leaks/hacks.
  2. If they determine it's a valid account, they test out passwords they have based on the leaked data.

We have various tools in effect to help protect our users, such as limiting the amount of failed attempts allowed by a user, IP, etc. But, the hackers are smart and can work-around some of these, such as using botnets or limiting their throughput to stay underneath our limits.

As has been mentioned, the number one thing users can do is change their password and not share passwords with any other account or reuse passwords that have been potentially leaked/compromised.

A good website to visit is https://haveibeenpwned.com/. You can check if your email was part of any published leak data sets. I can pretty much guarantee if you have a yahoo.com account, information was leaked.

Share this post


Link to post

Is there really no timeout feature for people trying to brute-force usernames and passwords that they bought for $50 on the black market? Is this real life? 

Share this post


Link to post

@Tidal1234 As I noted, we have numerous rate limiters in place (which will present a captcha or even just block) and we added another one just last week based on the behavior we're seeing. But, we can't go too far with counter-measures without the potential for blocking legitimate users. So it's a balance. 

Share this post


Link to post

Start

Get a PW-manager.

Open the first account (sequence should be 1) E-Mail services 2) money bearing/online shopping  3) social media, cloud services 4) the rest)

Let the PW-manager pick a completely random PW, 15+ digits, mixed lower/upper case, numbers and symbols.

Apply it to your account. Save it in the PW-manager.

If offered, activate 2FA.

Delete those stupid, easy to break „security“ questions („What brand was your 1st car ?“ - What do you think how many tries you will need to get into the account by plainly guessing on this foolish stuff ?).

Repeat until „end of all accounts“

GoTo Feel save, time invested on a good cause

 

... and stop blaming the service that was broken into, because most likely the security data was stolen elsewhere. If your credentials (user name, account name etc.) are tested positive by the website mentioned above, some of your passwords are in circulation for sure. This is most likely not your fault, but not changing your PW NOW is nothing to blame on others. Even if not, you can never know.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I am having the issue where I am told I to upgrade and disconnect devices. I am not clear if this is connected to the password issue in this thread. Is it? I don't have access to my notes or the ability to passwords because of this upgrade notice. What to do?

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, jcarman said:

I don't have access to my notes or the ability to passwords because of this upgrade notice. What to do?

Evernote/Web (www.evernote.com) is not counted as a device.

Log in and check the devices listed in your account settings.  Revoke access where necessary.

Share this post


Link to post

I did so. The problem persists. It turns out Evernote web is not supported on iOS, so that's part of it.

Nevertheless, I still have the bug which tells me I have to revoke a device. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, jcarman said:

It turns out Evernote web is not supported on iOS, so that's part of it.

Evernote web is not supported for mobile web; only desktop web.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe it is officially not supported, but it can be convinced to work. Here is a screenshot of the procedure described by DTLow in the post above:

Go to Safari

Enter Evernote.com

Now give a long press on the refresh symbol. A little window will open: Request desktop site. Click it

Evernote will open, believing to be on a desktop. Log in, go to your profile, and quit whatever device is too much.

 

36E401CC-95F5-463C-BB52-D74649DF2FA9.thumb.jpeg.a9af1dce92d3ec246d41be13bf29bcca.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, I’m also having this same problem. Evernote seems to think I own 2 iPhones. I keep having to unsync a device. But now I’m getting a warning that I’m only allowed to unsync a device every 30 days. Can you please fix this bug??

Share this post


Link to post

I am currently being forced to unsync a 3rd device or forcing me to upgrade.  Evernote says one of my devices is an iPhone.  I don't own an iPhone.  Help!

Share this post


Link to post

It's unfortunate this bug or hack issue has not been resolved, it's been around a long time.  Several months ago, Evernote support told me to change my password and that fixed it in my case.  Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post

So I've read this thread and I certainly appreciate the attention Evernote Staff has given it.  As with others Evernote is recognizing my Iphone as two different devices.  I've always just 'unsynced' one and proceeded.  Now Evernote has placed a limit on the number of times I can unsync, so even though I've just changed my password (via desktop) with hope that this fix will work, it will no longer allow me to log in using any device as I've exceeded the 'unsync' limit this month.  Please help.  

Share this post


Link to post

This just happened where I am maxed on un-syncs for a device that I dont even have. Fix this please.

Share this post


Link to post

As a workaround, you can always access your EN account through the web client. This does never count as a „device“.

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, DerekLL said:

This just happened where I am maxed on un-syncs for a device that I dont even have. Fix this please.

We were advised to post here.  Evernote employee @Shane D. is following up on this

 

Share this post


Link to post

I've just started having this same issue the last week or so. I use Evernote on my laptop and my iPhone, but recently I keep seeing "Kelley's iPhone" and "iPhone" listed as separate devices. I keep trying to unsync "iPhone", but a day or so later, it's back. I'm running out of "unsyncs" and don't know what to do. Please help!

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Some of the earlier posts here indicate some possible ways to proceed, including posting in another ongoing thread that may be monitored by Evernote staff for this issue.

Share this post


Link to post

The unknown iPhone may be a ghost - or it can be a 3rd person accessing your account. There were reports in the forum of hackers entering accounts, searching for bitcoin-related notes.

The hacks were done using password from breaches at other services, there is no security issue at EN itself.

To be on the safe side, you should unsync the unknown device and immediately (!) change your password to a new one, not used in any other account you have. The new password should be „strong“, which is best done by using a password manager and let it create the password (long enough, upper-/lowercase, numbers, symbols, completely artificial). A small variation of a password used elsewhere is not enough.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

@Scott T. Please help me! After upgrading to a new phone, Evernote thinks my new phone is two devices and I keep having to click unsync in order to access my notes. This is maddening and frustrating to be locked out of my notes (not to mention not being able to report this issue via email for the free plan).

Share this post


Link to post

What happened to your old phone ?

You can always unsync using the Web Client, but if the old phones account was not erased, it will probably sign on again.

There is a new policy on Basic accounts that you can’t unsync and reassign new devices very often, so better get this done in the first try. The web client is always available, but you may be locked out of other devices for a while if you repeatedly loop through unsync and reassign.

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Jeshi said:

Evernote thinks my new phone is two devices and I keep having to click unsync in order to access my notes.

Did you unsync both phone entries?

Share this post


Link to post

@Jeshi, you can view all connected devices on the Devices page and revoke any that you are no longer using. If you are unsure which are which, you can always revoke all the devices and sign in again from whatever ones you want to use.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

What happened to your old phone ?

You can always unsync using the Web Client, but if the old phones account was not erased, it will probably sign on again.

There is a new policy on Basic accounts that you can’t unsync and reassign new devices very often, so better get this done in the first try. The web client is always available, but you may be locked out of other devices for a while if you repeatedly loop through unsync and reassign.

@PinkElephant
Used the migration tool to upgrade my phone. All the apps and data are carbon copies from old phone, but some apps (probably all of them), I had to re-login. 
 

Logging into Evernote App on new phone is confusing it because it alternately thinks I’m trying to log in with phone 1 and phone 2 when I only log into phone 2.

 

Phone 1 could not be logging in by someone else because I factory reset it. Most likely the device has been recycled. It is CERTAINLY not logging into my account. 
 

@Scott T. How can I go into Evernote WEB and unsync “Phone 1” and “Phone 2”, so I can re-add “Phone 2” and stop this cycle? I only have one unsync left. 
 

Using EN WEB only at this point isn’t an option as I don’t always access a computer and EN Web is inaccessible via mobile browser. Please advise. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jeshi said:

@Scott T. How can I go into Evernote WEB and unsync “Phone 1” and “Phone 2”, so I can re-add “Phone 2” and stop this cycle? I only have one unsync left. 
 

Using EN WEB only at this point isn’t an option as I don’t always access a computer and EN Web is inaccessible via mobile browser. Please advise

Accessing Scott's link works on Chrome on my Android device.

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, jefito said:

Accessing Scott's link works on Chrome on my Android device.

I mean, I only have one unsync left (not two), so I’m going to continue having the same problem unless I can unsync both devices at the same time before I log in with them. 
 

I meant I can’t login on browser meaning I can’t view my notes and use it regularly. this is by design because Evernote wants people to sync their phones and not use the browser on their phones. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Jeshi said:

I meant I can’t login on browser meaning I can’t view my notes and use it regularly. this is by design because Evernote wants people to sync their phones and not use the browser on their phones. 

Web browser doesn't count as a device, even if it's on your mobile device. Devices are the native -- meaning Windows, Mac, Android and iOS applications. In particular, it's the native Android and iOS applications on which cached notes are cleared when you change users. The web version does things differently. More info: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/218558068-Understanding-the-device-limit

Share this post


Link to post

@Jeshi, I asked somebody in our support team to reach out to you. You should hear something from them tomorrow. They'll help you sort it out and make sure you don't get locked out of your account.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, jefito said:

Web browser doesn't count as a device, even if it's on your mobile device. Devices are the native -- meaning Windows, Mac, Android and iOS applications. In particular, it's the native Android and iOS applications on which cached notes are cleared when you change users. The web version does things differently. More info: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/218558068-Understanding-the-device-limit

@jefito I don’t know how YOU access Evernote Web on iOS because as soon as I go to Evernote.com and sign in, I’m taken to Account Settings — with no option in the hamburger menu to access Notes. 
 

@Scott T. Thanks. Do you know if they are going to contact me via email or will it be a different method?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Jeshi said:

@jefito I don’t know how YOU access Evernote Web on iOS because as soon as I go to Evernote.com and sign in, I’m taken to Account Settings — with no option in the hamburger menu to access Notes. 

I don't access on iOS at all, but on my Android device, in Chrome, to get to the Devices page, I went to the link that @Scott T. provided (Devices page), signed in, and it took me straight there.

To access the web version of Evernote on Android, I go to evernote.com,  and use a Chrome menu setting to open the desktop site, and there's the Evernote web application, in all its glory, It's a bit painful to use on a small device like a phone as it doesn't adapt to the smaller screen size, leading to lots of scrolling around, but it does work after a fashion, and can be useful in a pinch. I'm guessing you can do something similar on iOS, but I can't tell for sure.

Anyways, it sounds like @Scott T. has things in hand for you, and hopefully you get things straightened out shortly. Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post

On iOS one probably has to switch the browser to the desktop view. With the mobile website the App will lauch instead of the browser access. To switch to the desktop website, one hits the AA-Symbol to the left of the URL field, and pick it from the Dropdown-Menü men.

From there it should be the same as described for Android.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, jefito said:

I don't access on iOS at all, but on my Android device, in Chrome, to get to the Devices page, I went to the link that @Scott T. provided (Devices page), signed in, and it took me straight there.

To access the web version of Evernote on Android, I go to evernote.com,  and use a Chrome menu setting to open the desktop site, and there's the Evernote web application, in all its glory, It's a bit painful to use on a small device like a phone as it doesn't adapt to the smaller screen size, leading to lots of scrolling around, but it does work after a fashion, and can be useful in a pinch. I'm guessing you can do something similar on iOS, but I can't tell for sure.

Anyways, it sounds like @Scott T. has things in hand for you, and hopefully you get things straightened out shortly. Cheers.

 

3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

On iOS one probably has to switch the browser to the desktop view. With the mobile website the App will lauch instead of the browser access. To switch to the desktop website, one hits the AA-Symbol to the left of the URL field, and pick it from the Dropdown-Menü men.

From there it should be the same as described for Android.

@jefito @PinkElephant After reading your posts, I went to Evernote.com, signed in, tapped the AA symbol, Request Desktop Site, and still was not able to see my notes. I unlocked portrait mode, turned phone to landscape, and still could not find an option to access Notes. 
 

I received an email from support; I’ll perform those steps and report any solutions for future users who encounter this issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

You go to Evernote.com . There you log in with your account - if it goes how it goes if I do it, it takes you right to your account, with your notes and settings. In settings, you can de-/select devices.

Evernote Web Client on iPad.pdfUnavailable

I see Settings, but not Notes. I cannot view your PDF. Error message: “This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.”

Share this post


Link to post

From my side it was not removed. It has 3 screenshots showing how to get into your web account on a mobile device (iOS).

If you can enter your account (make sure it is the right one, because if you log in with a wrong user -a typo is enough - you see a new account instead of your one), and notes are not showing, sometimes it helps to set back to the „classical“ editor in settings.

If you are in the right account, your devices should show in the settings, and you can unsync there. If you are not sure which is the right device to unsync, unsync both phones. Then open the one you are going to use, and log in again.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

From my side it was not removed. It has 3 screenshots showing how to get into your web account on a mobile device (iOS).

If you can enter your account (make sure it is the right one, because if you log in with a wrong user -a typo is enough - you see a new account instead of your one), and notes are not showing, sometimes it helps to set back to the „classical“ editor in settings.

If you are in the right account, your devices should show in the settings, and you can unsync there. If you are not sure which is the right device to unsync, unsync both phones. Then open the one you are going to use, and log in again.

I wasn’t able to unsync both phones because I only have one unsync left due to this sync issue. 

Share this post


Link to post

I have a similar situation. But since it is not quite the same, it may shed light on the underlying problem:

  1. I have a Windows Desktop and a MacAir Laptop.
    EverNote keeps things nicely synced between them.
     
  2. I do *not* have an EverNote app on my iPhone.
    (I checked)
     
  3. Occasionally I plug the phone into my desktop to recharge,
    sync contacts, and sync music.
     
  4. AFTER that, EverNote sees three devices, and requires to unsync one of them.
    (Weird, because again, there is no EverNote app on the phone.)

Here's hoping that description helps someone isolate the issue.
(And thanks for a great app!)

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, eric_treelight said:

I have a similar situation. But since it is not quite the same, it may shed light on the underlying problem:

  1. I have a Windows Desktop and a MacAir Laptop.
    EverNote keeps things nicely synced between them.
     
  2. I do *not* have an EverNote app on my iPhone.
    (I checked)
     
  3. Occasionally I plug the phone into my desktop to recharge,
    sync contacts, and sync music.
     
  4. AFTER that, EverNote sees three devices, and requires to unsync one of them.
    (Weird, because again, there is no EverNote app on the phone.)

Here's hoping that description helps someone isolate the issue.
(And thanks for a great app!)

@Scott T. Hello, see point #3 and #4. Should be easy to replicate, and could help to resolve part of the ongoing „weird iPhone“ issue.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Just a quick update...I responded to support’s email following their very specific instructions: email address ____, use subject line _____. Didn’t hear back from them. 
 

Finally, received an email from them an hour ago asking for an update from me... seems like they never received my email. *sigh*
 

I’ve lost access to my notes while on mobile for three days now and have had to tell people “Sorry, I don’t have access to that note right now.”

 I’ve used Evernote for over three years now, getting friends and family members to use it as well. As of this issue, Evernote is not reliable for information. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Jeshi said:

As of this issue, Evernote is not reliable for information. 

My experience is that Evernote is reliable for storing and organizing my notes/documents   
This discussion pertains to the device limitation for Basic accounts

Share this post


Link to post

@eric_treelight Thanks for the info. I took a look at your account and the last time an iPhone device was connected to it (Nov 07, 2019). Unfortunately, I'm able to confirm that the access was part of the security incident we've mentioned before where hackers are using passwords from other site compromises to log into accounts and search them for important data like Bitcoin wallets.

If you haven't recently, I suggest you change your password to something unique to your Evernote account and enable two-factor authentication. This is the best way a user can secure their account.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Well, hell. I am now locked out of my account. I turned on 2-step authentication, but to get a text you have to upgrade. That leaves Google Authenticator. Decided I didn't like that, so I tried to disable it. To do that, I needed to give my password. The newly-created password I carefully wrote down, and which apparently does not work! Grrr...

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...