Thank you!

I just wanted to say "thank you!" to the Evernote team for making it possible to resize table columns.

I have always kept my Evernote subscription active, but I have been using other tools to fulfill the numerous tasks that I have (I'm a school principal) because I need to be able to use tables. However, those tools have never felt permanent to me and Evernote has always had everything that I need (except for the ability to resize columns), so I decided to check in. Lo and behold, I can resize columns now. This is an absolute game changer for me on so many levels. 

Thank you!

• Level 5*

Just wondering what device/platform you're using.  afaik   There's been no reason changes to resizing tables

I find the Evernote editor is ok for basic notes.
I'm a fan of using other tools, dedicated editors like Word/Pages.
I'm not going to limited restricted by limitations with any editor.
I store the documents as file attachments to notes.

Links can be used for Google Docs.

4 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Just wondering what device/platform you're using.  afaik   There's been no reason changes to resizing tables

I find the Evernote editor is ok for basic notes.
I'm a fan of using other tools, dedicated editors like Word/Pages.
I'm not going to limited restricted by limitations with any editor.

Hi DTLow, 

I am using the Evernote app in Windows 10. The changes may not have been recent, but I stopped using Evernote a while ago because I really needed tables that I could resize. Now that I can use tables in Evernote, I can create a daily log and note every incident that happens during the day, make notes for each meeting, provide details for each student incident etc. I can then tag the note so that I can quickly reference a teacher meeting, student incident, parent discussion etc. 

I understand what you're saying about needing other tools for more advanced note taking. Prior to trying Evernote again, I was using a Google Doc and added daily logs to one doc i.e. one for each month. However, the search function is not the same as Evernote tagging, so it can take a while digging through notes to find the information that I need to refer to. 

This also makes it possible for me to use Evernote for most of my daily tasks. Before, I was using Google Doc for my daily log, Todoist for my tasks, and Evernote for my personal journal. Now, I can do all of them with one app. This is why I'm really excited.

10 hours ago, Principal Moo said:

Hi DTLow, 

I am using the Evernote app in Windows 10. The changes may not have been recent, but I stopped using Evernote a while ago because I really needed tables that I could resize. Now that I can use tables in Evernote, I can create a daily log and note every incident that happens during the day, make notes for each meeting, provide details for each student incident etc. I can then tag the note so that I can quickly reference a teacher meeting, student incident, parent discussion etc. 

I understand what you're saying about needing other tools for more advanced note taking. Prior to trying Evernote again, I was using a Google Doc and added daily logs to one doc i.e. one for each month. However, the search function is not the same as Evernote tagging, so it can take a while digging through notes to find the information that I need to refer to. 

This also makes it possible for me to use Evernote for most of my daily tasks. Before, I was using Google Doc for my daily log, Todoist for my tasks, and Evernote for my personal journal. Now, I can do all of them with one app. This is why I'm really excited.

And you can use/create templates now, maybe interesting for your logbooks...

Archived