Please bring back the trash icon on the desktop app!

Michelle2

Idea

I use the mac desktop version of Evernote, and noticed with a recent update that the icons in the upper right corner of each note—particularly the "Trash" icon, which I miss the most—have been replaced with a "share" button. I use Evernote primarily for personal use and this share button almost never gets used, whereas the Trash icon is used daily. It's SO annoying to have to make an extra click to trash a note. Please, please bring back the trash icon, or allow users to customize what displays in this area.

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Michelle2 said:
replaced with a "share" button

Just to be clear; v7.5 moved action items (except share) to the ... more menu2125835816_ScreenShot2018-10-19at08_21_36.png.51543c0df274d3d21bbb8d24890f8669.png

"Move to Trash" can be accessed using this menu
Notes can also be deleted using the command D keys
Also by right-clicking in the note list

I understand the new location of the "Move to trash" icon, but as I mentioned above, it's a pain to need to do an extra click for something I do every day, and replace it with a convenient button for a tool I almost never use. 

Michelle, it is an absolute pain.  But Evernote does not care what its users want, they just add and remove features completely haphazardly with no regard to whether in makes any sense or completely upsets users workflows.  As this once well-regarded company hemorrhages funds and staff, I suppose it's easier to rearrange the Titanic's deck chairs (trash icons) and not even provide an option to the user than make improvements we have requested for years.

Very much agree that burying the trash icon beneath a pull-down menu is annoying and disruptive. Can we have it back, please? Or the option to customize the button pallette with the ones we use.

We absolutely need a Trash icon in the Evernote Toolbar.  Evernote should be about simplicity and ease of use for customers.  Giving the "option" of having a Trash icon in the toolbar seems like low-hanging fruit.  Even Apple Notes has a Trash icon in the toolbar!!!  

Trash Icon.png

Notes Toolbar.png

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Rationalist2010 said:

Even Apple Notes has a Trash icon in the toolbar!!!  

Not to pour salt on the wound but Evernote Windows has a customizable toolbar and you can add the trash icon.  There is an effort underway to unify the experiences on each client.  Hopefully this will make it in.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
3 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

There is an effort underway to unify the experiences on each client.  Hopefully this will make it in.

This works both ways - don't get too attached to the customizable toolbar  🙂

• Sad 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

This works both ways - don't get too attached to the customizable toolbar  🙂

That thought did cross my mind, but I'm trying to remain positive.

• Haha 1