Encrypted note text won't open in new web client

Hi,

I've just upgraded to the new Evernote web client for Chrome (Windows 8.1) and I can't open the encrypted text in any of my notes. It's a work environment so I can't install the desktop client. 

The lock button appears in the note, but nothing happens when I click on it - it just appears to be a PNG.

thanks

Hi, I just had a chat session with Support, and her official response was this is NOT a feature in the new web interface.  She recommended making a feature request for this feature to be added to the web interface.  She mentioned that we can still access the old web interface and decrypt text through that interface.  And that there is no intention to remove the old web interface at this time.  

Having said that, I find it a bit disingenuous to remove a feature that Evernote users use everyday and ask us to request it as a new feature.  

It's sad, because I like the look and GUI of the new web interface but I won't use it if I can't decrypt my notes. 

• 3 months later...

I also find this issue being a problem, as I have a lot of encrypted text that I can no longer read/use...

In addition, I have sometimes the same issue with the Android app. I don't know why, it works sometimes but not always... ??!

• Level 5*

Hi.  As mentioned above,  if you step back from the current limited-feature web Beta to the previous UI (in Settings) you will be able to view encrypted files again.  Can't comment on an intermittent Android issue - maybe try Twitter @EvernoteHelps ?

• 4 months later...

It's a shame to see a previously included feature to just be disabled with no explanation. Maybe a better approach could have been to release the new web client at least when all the previous features were supported? It's such a shame that I really should start looking elsewhere...

About the Android app I also have problems without solutions. The workaround you comment here is useful to alleviate the current problem. Thanks for that 

• 2 weeks later...

More than a half of the year has passed but there's still no this feature in new Evernote Web. All this time I thought this was a bug on my side, and at last I've searched this forum and found this topic. Ok, how can we make the request to add text encripting/decripting (at least the second) into current beta?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 6/19/2019 at 11:03 AM, why_not said:

More than a half of the year has passed but there's still no this feature in new Evernote Web. All this time I thought this was a bug on my side, and at last I've searched this forum and found this topic. Ok, how can we make the request to add text encripting/decripting (at least the second) into current beta?

Hi.  There are now three versions of Evernote Web and according to Ian Small (see below) the beta is being updated pretty constantly.  If you don't find a feature you need - which is in the nature of betas - you can always change the version in Settings.

• 1 month later...

I can't wait any longer, it's just too annoying not just opening and editing the encrypted notes and being forced to do this in a previos Evernote version, but copying text is a pain too: why the interface selects ALL the encrypted text without being able to select single words?

Time to migrate to LastPass.

Thanks for all these years being a helpful app. Now days that does not remain true. C-YA