What is with "Measure Measure" at the bottom of every web clipped note?

Every note created with the webclipper using "Simplified article" puts two lines at the bottom of every note, (see attachment). It's been like this for every updated version of evernote for at least 2 years.

It puts...

"Measure
Measure"

...at the bottom of each note

10-18-2018 10-01-35 AM.jpg

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, mikefinleyco said:

It puts...

"Measure
Measure"

If you provide a sample url, we'll test it.

Hi Super Guru,

I don't believe It's URL specific, it seems to happen 100% of the time with any webpage.

I checked into this further and I left out one thing, it's when I remove the formatting, right clicking on the note after its been clipped into evernote and choosing either "Simplify Formatting" or "Remove Formatting".

For instance CNN.com... I attached 3 screen shots...

clip1.jpg

clip2.jpg

clip3.jpg

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, mikefinleyco said:

Every note created with the webclipper using "Simplified article" puts two lines at the bottom of every note, (see attachment). It's been like this for every updated version of evernote for at least 2 years.

It puts...

"Measure
Measure"

Bizarre.  Have you tried to uninstall then reinstall the clipper, or a different browser?  Which one are you using?

• Level 5*
40 minutes ago, mikefinleyco said:

I don't believe It's URL specific, it seems to happen 100% of the time with any webpage.

I would look at the underlying enml/html code to see if there's an indication of the source.

This can be viewed using the export feature (Windows/Mac)

• 3 months later...
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Check your Clipper options (at the bottom of the pop-up window) to see if that text is set somewhere...  otherwise try signing out of the app and back in.  Not heard of a standard text in clips issue before...  weird.

• Level 5*

This one is so weird that I remembered it coming up before.  There was no resolution posted, but at least you are not alone.  Maybe try some of the suggestions there and open a help ticket if still needed.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Level 5*

Hi.  AFAICS you're removing the formatting from a 'simplified article' clip of the forums.  Measure Measure might be in the page coding somewhere,  it's certainly not something I've ever seen happening on my system...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

I just tried clipping the same page you used, @mikefinleyco, clipping it as a simplified article and then both simplifying and removing formatting in the Evernote Windows program, as you demonstrated. I did not get the "Measure Measure." This leads me to suspect that it may possibly be specific to a particular browser. I agree with @DTLow, this would be a good question to take to tech support.