TAGS for word document from an email.

ian reeves

Hello Forum.

I'm looking for some help on how to add TAGS.

If i get an email attachment or download something that is a word document, I think 'great I'll add that to evernote', but I can't work out how to do this AND tag at the same time.

My options to get into EN are Print PDF, download and drag into EN, but neither of these let me add a TAG?

I know I can email into EN and add TAG to subject line, but I'm looking for some more flexibilty/options, once I've opened the document.

ANy suggestions?

Thanks

• Level 5*

Hi.  Remembering that -for a Premium subscriber- Evernote will search the entire content of most documents and images,  do you also need to tag?  It's often superfluous unless you're adding high-level classifications.  I tend to change the file-name and use File Management Software and Import Folders (in Windows) to move files to different Evernote notebooks with descriptive titles.

My 'tag-lite' solution might be applicable here.. 

Thanks - am on Mac so don't have an easy import folder option.

I like how the webclip version gives the option of notebook/tag, and wish this applied to other import methods as well, but i doesn't take long to open EN and add afterwards.

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, ian reeves said:

I know I can email into EN and add TAG to subject line, but I'm looking for some more flexibilty/options, once I've opened the document.

ANy suggestions?

You might take a look at this AppleScript I just posted.  It will allow you to import files from the Finder, and assign EN Tags during that process.  If you have any questions, please post in the below thread:

Archived