Creating a "Un-Checked" To-Do Report

I'm somewhat new to Evernote (Premium) and this is my first post - be kind.

I am in sales and have created about 25 different Notebooks, 1 for each customer.

When I visit each of my customers I create a new note within the workbook. Not rocket-science, I realize. In the notes, I will insert check-boxes for my to-do's. What I would like to be able to do is at the top-level (not in any particular notebook), I would like to be able to view all of my to-do's and see the actual text associated with the unchecked box. Currently, I'm only able to figure out how to do this from the search bar. Although I see about 100 notes that have un-checked boxes, I can't see what the to-do's are without going into each one. If someone could offer some suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.

• Level 5*

My preference Is separated notes for each To-Do,
This gives me flexibility.

1. I ptoduce different sets of lists
  2. Assign different due dates (Reminders)
  3. Assign different Tags 
  • Level 5*
18 hours ago, Marksgotnotes said:

When I visit each of my customers I create a new note within the workbook. Not rocket-science, I realize. In the notes, I will insert check-boxes for my to-do's. What I would like to be able to do is at the top-level (not in any particular notebook), I would like to be able to view all of my to-do's and see the actual text associated with the unchecked box. Currently, I'm only able to figure out how to do this from the search bar. Although I see about 100 notes that have un-checked boxes, I can't see what the to-do's are without going into each one. If someone could offer some suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.

No way to do this in Evernote that I know of. Checkboxes can be embedded anywhere in the note text, and there's no way to have them display elsewhere, and no way to navigate them, either in a single note or across multiple notes. You can, via search, find notes that have checkboxes that are checked or unchecked (see below), but that's about it.

Searching on checkboxes (from https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php):

todo:[true|false|*] - if the argument is "true", this will match notes that have ToDo checkboxes that are currently checked. If the argument is "false", this will match notes that have ToDo checkboxes that are not currently checked. If the argument is "*", this will match notes that have a ToDo checkbox of any type.

• -todo:false todo:true
    • Matches notes that have completed ToDo items, but no uncompleted items.

If I recall this was one of the things if not the only thing I liked about OneNote, a sort of agenda query. However Evernote is Evernote, and I like it much better overall.  I quickly disbanded checks for reminders. Reminders work just fine for me. I still use checks for something like a grocery list; but workflow is reminder driven.  While reminders were good enough natively, I discovered Nozbe as integration partner and reminders show up over there as tasks.  Nozbe provides my agenda views now.  When you complete a task in Nozbe it clears the reminder in Evernote.

Archived