I can no longer edit any of my notes -- complete disaster

Git

I have been unable to edit any of my notes, either in the desktop app or on the web, for the past few weeks.

Essentially, all my information is being held hostage.

Yes I have the latest version, Windows 10.

HELP!

Now it's behaving differently.  Only some notes cannot be edited.  (Both web and desktop).  It looks like it has effected only my most recently edited notes.  In one such note, the information appears in the preview pane, but if you choose "open note" from the context menu, the note opens with no text at all, not even the text that appears in the preview.   

In other notes, you cannot get an active cursor to appear within the note, no matter how you click on the note or request to "edit" it from the drop-down menu.  It's like you're clicking on nothing at all and the note can't be edited.  In those notes, however, you can choose "open note" from the context menu and the cursor will appear within the opened note.  You can then move the cursor around with the arrow keys and edit with it.  However, if you ever use the mouse to click anywhere in the note itself, the cursor disappears and you've been "kicked out" of the note.  The open note is still in front of you but you can no longer edit it.

It has something to do with mouse commands.  The program no longer likes it when I use my mouse to try to edit some notes.

I've switched over to One Note so I can have something that works.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Git said:

I've switched over to ...

One of my reasons for using Evernote is that I have access redundancy.
If there is an issue on my Mac, I can use my iPad or Web.  I also have access to my notes in my backup files.

I use Nozbe to manage my tasks and Evernote to manage my documentation.
When I create a project in Nozbe, I used to create an Evernote project tracking note that I associate with one of the actions in my project, and Nozbe allows me to easily edit an Evernote note

https://downloader.vip/the-pirate-bay/

https://downloader.vip/yify-yts/

https://downloader.vip/rargb/

33 minutes ago, avensis18 said:

I use Nozbe to manage my tasks and Evernote to manage my documentation.

I love this approach.  I still manage projects in Evernote, since I don't work enough projects in parallel to justify paid Nozbe.  I find Nozbe to be very elegant task manager with nice integration to Evernote.  For mundane particularly repeating tasks I work in Nozbe alone.  For project related tasks; I create in Evernote, mark as reminder and it appears in Nozbe.  Completing in Nozbe satisfies the reminder Evernote.  Just realized though, did you post to wrong thread?

6 hours ago, Git said:

Now it's behaving differently.  Only some notes cannot be edited.  (Both web and desktop).  It looks like it has effected only my most recently edited notes.  In one such note, the information appears in the preview pane, but if you choose "open note" from the context menu, the note opens with no text at all, not even the text that appears in the preview.   

In other notes, you cannot get an active cursor to appear within the note, no matter how you click on the note or request to "edit" it from the drop-down menu.  It's like you're clicking on nothing at all and the note can't be edited.  In those notes, however, you can choose "open note" from the context menu and the cursor will appear within the opened note.  You can then move the cursor around with the arrow keys and edit with it.  However, if you ever use the mouse to click anywhere in the note itself, the cursor disappears and you've been "kicked out" of the note.  The open note is still in front of you but you can no longer edit it.

It has something to do with mouse commands.  The program no longer likes it when I use my mouse to try to edit some notes.

I've switched over to One Note so I can have something that works.

I switched from OneNote to Evernote so I would have something that works. YMMV.  Also be wary of Win 10 1809, buggy software is coming from everyone these days.

Archived