Exceeded my monthly limit - how to use EN now?

pleasemakeitwork!

Idea

I am a non Premium user. Last week I inserted (without considering its size)  a 40 mb video into a note and that caused me to exceed my monthly limit. Now EN refuses to upload anything for a month until my account resets.  But, and this is my problem, the system will not even let me create a new note or edit and existing not, even when I am off-line.  In effect EN is useless to me for the time being other than as something to read. I deleted the 40 mb video from then note but that did not solve the problem.  I have 2 questions that I hope you can help me with.

1 How can I get my account back under my limit.  (I tried deleting the large video)?

2 How can I create on EN while off line, until the account resets?

thanks

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, pleasemakeitwork! said:

1 How can I get my account back under my limit.  (I tried deleting the large video)?

Make sure you also delete the video note from the Trash.

Windows/Mac, use a Local Notebook to store your notes.  Make sure you back up the data
Alternatively  purchase  Premium for one month.

btw  In the sidebar your account is showing as premium.

thanks. The note "Time" that I put the large video into was in my notebook Physics, a synched nb.  As I said, I deleted the video from note Time, but that did no good. Reading your response I created a local nb "Local NB" and I moved (revised) note Time into Local NB. That did not solve the monthly limit problem. There is nothing in Trash related to Time.  I don't know where the deleted video file resides now, if anywhere, within EN.  So, I can use the newly created local nb - thank you - but I am stumped as to how, now that the video is deleted,  to get my account back below my monthly cap other than just waiting for the passage of time.

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, pleasemakeitwork! said:

There is nothing in Trash related to Time.  I don't know where the deleted video file resides now, if anywhere, within EN.

How about emptying the Trash, just to be sure.

THe activity log might provide information on the note causing the issue.

I deleted the contents of Trash, then closed EN. Reopening EN, I am still blocked from creating (other than in the local nb).  As a guess, could this be that the EN system has not yet processed everything I just did and that it has not noticed that I deleted the 40 mb chunk of data?

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, pleasemakeitwork! said:

I am a non Premium user. Last week I inserted (without considering its size)  a 40 mb video into a note and that caused me to exceed my monthly limit. Now EN refuses to upload anything for a month until my account resets.  But, and this is my problem, the system will not even let me create a new note or edit and existing not, even when I am off-line.  In effect EN is useless to me for the time being other than as something to read. I deleted the 40 mb video from then note but that did not solve the problem.  I have 2 questions that I hope you can help me with.

thanks

1.  You can't get your account under the limit.  Once you exceed the limit in the month that's it.  The upload limit resets every month.  Realize that new or modified notes are included in the upload amount.  So if you modify the same note five times it may sync five times and be included in your monthly usage, depending on sync settings.  You can buy increased upload capacity a month at a time if you like.

2.  Try creating a local notebook and put your new notes therein.  Not sure if it will work or not.  If it does, realize that you will need to backup the local notebooks yourself until/if you move the notes to a synced notebook.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, pleasemakeitwork! said:

Do you happen to know when the monthly limit "month" begins

I can see my monthly usage on my Account Settings page

FC084B39-DD91-4963-805B-0DCC26D7C30F.jpeg

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, pleasemakeitwork! said:

My account settings page says "Upload allowance resets in 29 days". What determines when the first of those 29 days occurred?

I would guess somewhere around when you signed up.

Archived