Use Adobe Acrobat instead of Word as PDF viewer

Hi,

I have both Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Word installed on my Android device. Although Acrobat is set as default PDF viewer in the system settings, Evernote always opens PDF files with Word. In order to open them with Acrobat, I have to use the context menu of the file and press "View". Can I somehow change this behaviour? Thanks for your help!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Level 5*

I assume it depends on which version of Android you currently run,  but if I long-press tap my Evernoted PDF file,  this is the screen that I see...

Edit:  Actually I need to tap the file to see the menu and choose View from the menu.  No ling presses required.

Xodo is always the first choice,  which is why I see it as the 'default' - though if I didn't have quite so many competing PDF readers installed it would be an easy two taps to see the file content...

Samsung Note 4 / Android 6.0.1 / Evernote 8.8.1

screenshot_2019-01-27-16-48-39.thumb.jpg.199e3d9be9a3dc78040ea74c03a7d7a5.jpg

AFAIK though PDFs have never shown inline in a note.

23 hours ago, gazumped said:

I assume it depends on which version of Android you currently run,  but if I long-press tap my Evernoted PDF file,  this is the screen that I see...

Edit:  Actually I need to tap the file to see the menu and choose View from the menu.  No ling presses required.

Xodo is always the first choice,  which is why I see it as the 'default' - though if I didn't have quite so many competing PDF readers installed it would be an easy two taps to see the file content...

Samsung Note 4 / Android 6.0.1 / Evernote 8.8.1

AFAIK though PDFs have never shown inline in a note.

I do not get the option you get, when I tap on a pdf evernote immediately opens the pdf in Word, even though I have cleared defaults for Word in my phones settings.

I have the same apps installed as you (except Hancom)

The more I use evernote for Android the more I realise how many bugs it has, I'm really not liking it.

Samsung Note 9 / Android 8.1.0 / Evernote 8.8.1

• 2 years later...