Disconcerting icon change

Can I just say how difficult I am finding the colour change to the the Evernote 'elephant' icon, even several months later.

I am a long-time user of Evernote and use it cross-platform on Windows and iOS. I am really keen that Evernote succeeds in the long term, as it is a vital part of my professional and private life.

So I have been used to looking for the Evernote icon amongst the host of really tiny icons displayed in my browsers and in a folders displayed on my iPhone screen. My problem is that I am suffering cognitive dissonance looking for the icon in the new colour, even though this changed quite a long time ago.

I am not a user interface professional, but I'll bet one could tell you the mistake that you have made here, presumably in the interest of getting a 'new look' for marketing purposes. Please will you be more careful before you do something like this again?

Andrew

[ I am cross-posting this to the Evernote for iOS forum, because you know. ]

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  I moved this to general discussions (applying to all Evernote products) and I'll bin your other post;  it just gets very confusing if two people respond to the same comment in different threads - and it's against Forum rules to cross-post anyway...

And yes..  I'm having problems picking up the new logo quickly too.  I hate change for changes sake.  ?

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Similar issues reported on the Windows platform:

BTW, @ahilborne, this is mainly a user-to-user forum, though Evernote staff may peek in, so you're not really addressing Evernote directly. I see you're on a Premium subscription, so if this is really inhibiting your ability to use Evernote you might consider sending a support request.

• 2 weeks later...

Bring back the green one or at the very least, please spend a couple of bytes and allow the user to choose.

Foolish move on Evernote's part.  Despite its immense utility, the software has had some rough edges for years that devoted users all know about. Instead of chipping away at these, they waste time/money AND make things just a smidge tougher for the users.  Who is running the company?

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
On 10/15/2018 at 7:18 AM, AllYourBase said:

Bring back the green one or at the very least, please spend a couple of bytes and allow the user to choose.

Foolish move on Evernote's part.  Despite its immense utility, the software has had some rough edges for years that devoted users all know about. Instead of chipping away at these, they waste time/money AND make things just a smidge tougher for the users.  Who is running the company?

Totally Agree.   I just went looking for the old Icon to manually change it.

We can always make our own Icon's perhaps but the Green One worked well and we were used to it.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
On 10/4/2018 at 1:12 PM, Gear64 said:

Similar to how when you want to login, your presented with signup

I still get tricked by this. I don't understand this choice. As for the icon, I think it looks great, so I'll be the opposing view lol. An option would be nice though, it's all the rage.