Web Clipper 'Undefined' error

Chrome browser. See attached image. How do I fix this? When I click to unselect the "Select All Message" box nothing happens. Can this be fixed? How? I want to clip some of my gmails to evernote. Thanks,

2018 05 18 Evernote clipper not saving gmail email.JPG

I've got Web Clipper 7.2.1 installed in my Chrome browser and I still have the same problem when I try to clip my gmail emails. See the image in my original post. How to fix this? Not being able to clip my gmails is a real problem.

How to fix? Thanks,

No problem @Peter Melbye. My workaround is to create a For-EN tag in the new Gmail. When a few messages accumulate there, I revert back the the old version, clip them all, then switch back the the new version. A PITA, to be sure, so I hope they fix this soon. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

The EN Web Clipper ver 7.4.2 Chrome extension is now working for me. Running in Chrome on a Win10 pc. My gmail emails are getting clipped and saved properly now. Thank you Evernote for getting this working! ?

There used to be an icon to clip a gmail attachment in Chrome to Evernote. It is no longer there. The only way to save attachments seems to be to download them first. (Note that I don't want to clip the email itself, only the attachments)

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, kdeemer said:

There used to be an icon to clip a gmail attachment in Chrome to Evernote. It is no longer there. The only way to save attachments seems to be to download them first. (Note that I don't want to clip the email itself, only the attachments)

Hi.  I'm not now,  nor have I ever been,  a Chrome user (much) so I can't confirm or challenge whether this feature existed at some stage.  AFAIK there's no option to save 'attachments only' in any other browser,  but IIRC Gmail does allow you to click a Save to Drive icon on the attachment to send it directly to Google Drive,  and Evernote can link to it from there...

How to attach Google Drive files to notes

As of today, I can no longer revert to the previous version of GMail and so now can no longer clip email from gmail.  I updated to the latest Evernote and I'm using Firefox 60.0.1. (Also upgraded to Firefox 61.0.2 and the latest WebClipper; 6.13.2 from seven months ago: 2018-01-17; still no joy. )

So as far as I understand, Evernote can no longer clip gmail using Safari nor Firefox. (Chrome works with 7.4.2 webclipper update, yeah!)

Please give us an update and at least say you are working on a fix.  Thanks.

• 1 month later...

The web clipper doesn't work with gmail. When I have an email open and click the Evernote icon, I get spinning dots, but the clipper never appears. It does work in Chrome. Anyone else having this issue? I have the latest version of Safari and macOS.

• Shane D. featured this topic
  • 2 months later...
在 2018/10/23 在 AM12點14分, Shane D.說:

Hey All,

Thank you for reaching out!

We've seen some reports from other users regarding the 'undefined' issue that @pohao described.

Unfortunately, this issue stems from recent changes made to Gmail's U/I.

We are aware of the issue, and are currently working to address it as quickly as we are able.

In the meantime, you should be able to switch back to the old Gmail U/I and use the web clipper as a workaround solution until this issue has been fixed.

I'll follow-up once I have more information, but feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any other questions!

Three months passed, the problem still exist.
Now my Gmail account can't switch back to old UI.

Safari 12.0.2
Mojave 10.14.2

image.thumb.png.3cd5c2207f3cce64b8f73af980be89d6.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Just commenting to say this is still a very, very frustrating problem. I 100% blame Google because across the board they're tanking their products, but has anyone found a solution? Right now I'm just forwarding them, which is fine but not ideal as it doesn't have a link back to the email.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...