One pane Evernote

onenotefan

Idea

I would like to remove content pane from Evernote, use snippet view to show full length notes (do not truncate to first N words). This is the only pane needed visible. 

The top bar is of course search bar to narrow down notes of interest with tag searches, title searches and content searches. If you noticed, the interface is now similar to Tiddlywiki but with Evernote goodness. This is news breaking, eye popping innovation.

I don't find the current interface (3 panes, just like Onenote) to be convenient, why do I have to click every single header item to see the content while I can just scroll the mouse ?

Evernote one pane, unified view, search & filter to narrow down content, highlight occurrences on scrollbar

2iw8fBj.png

Tiddlywiki, unfortunately no easy drag & drop operations.Image result for tiddlywiki

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  You could post this as a feature request to see what support your idea has,  but my general reaction is: not for me.  I can switch off the note panel from the View menu* to see a long list of note headings and summaries,  and I can swop to Snippet or Card view to get more visual reminders about what's in a note.  But with 44K+ notes I'd be scrolling for a LONG time to get through any number of full-length displays.  Summaries are there so you can scan through to find the note(s) that you need and read them in more detail.

I'll happily move this to a votable feature-request thread if you'd like me to...

* see the View menu for keyboard shortcuts too.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, onenotefan said:

use snippet view to show full length notes

I moved the discussion to the Feature Request forum.

I can't see this being practical.  
I actually use top list view; the pane size can be adjusted (Mac)
- I need the list to navigate my notes.

>>why do I have to click every single header item to see the content while I can just scroll the mouse ?

I can use the arrow keys to move up and down the list (Mac)

17 hours ago, DTLow said:

I moved the discussion to the Feature Request forum.

I can't see this being practical.  
I actually use top list view; the pane size can be adjusted (Mac)
- I need the list to navigate my notes.

>>why do I have to click every single header item to see the content while I can just scroll the mouse ?

I can use the arrow keys to move up and down the list (Mac)

When reading a PDF document, would you prefer "Single page" (arrow button move) or "Continous" (mouse scrolling) view ? This is the reason of my post, to put all filtered notes in perspective, like as if you could filter the chapters of a document and dynamically create a brand new document just with the sections of your interest. 

Archived