Thoughts on iOS 8.16.3.366003 (2018/10/01)

• Level 5*

Hi. Thanks for the update. But, could you take a look at these issues. As far as I can tell, there has been no movement on #1, #3–#5 since I last posted (see link below). But, #2 and #6 are doing great!

1. Offline Search

Sometimes it works, today in the middle of teaching class, it did not. What is the point of paying for Evernote, using it, and even recommending it, if you do a presentation with it, and it doesn't work? Please take a look at this issue.

2. Creating a Note from Photos

It seems to be working now. Thanks!

3. Thumbnail Images

No change.

4. Search Hits in Images

No change.

5. Relevant note suggestions

No change.

6. Photo / Scan

No change.

6.  Devices

Great! I can see the devices now.

7. (New) Notes created in iOS are doubling

Hi. I created a note in iOS on one device, it was doubled so that there were two identical notes on my other iOS and OSX devices, but when I deleted the note on OSX, both of them disappeared. This is not the first time I've reported this (I think it has happened off and on for a couple years, but I don't exactly remember when I first saw the phenomenon). It's inconsistent, and I am not exactly sure what pattern there might be, but notes created on OSX don't seem to do this. Obviously, any time there is data loss, I think it is pretty serious, so while this might be at the end of my list, it is really one of the most important issue to address.

• Level 5*

8. (New) JPG files are not displaying

They show up fine on my Mac. They're just a blank square in iOS. This has happened before, to be honest, but I just deleted the notes back then and recreated them from scratch. That seemed to fix stuff. This time, I can't be bothered. It'd be nice if the images just displayed, especially when I am nowhere near my Mac and trapped with a "broken" file.

• Level 5*

9. (New) PDF files not displaying

Same as 8. I can't view a bunch of my files online or offline. I just have blank squares where I ought to be seeing files. I open my Mac and it's all there. So... at this point, all I can rely on Evernote to do in iOS is display text. And, even that may / may not be searchable if I'm offline. This isn't a good situation, I'm afraid. I reported some of this stuff a while back via tickets already and no movement yet. I hope you'll at least consider looking into this :( Again, I'm not requesting a new feature. It'd just be nice to consistently be able to see images and PDFs in iOS.

10. "Intitle" search isn't working

Sometimes stuff comes up, and sometimes it doesn't, even when working online. This is a new one for me. At the moment, an intitle search that should pull up the note I am viewing can't find anything. The note is right there in front of me, but the search cannot find it. Usually intitle works, but I've had this happen multiple times recently...

*an addendum to #8: iOS can't see the image, my Macbook Pro can't see the image, but my Macbook can. I cannot explain it. I have them all sitting in front of me right now, all synced, and still no luck. It's a note from back in July with no changes either. At this point, I have to throw my hands up in the air. I do hope you'll get this sorted. 

* the notes that are causing me problems appear to all be from before July, when I moved many of my notes into a local notebook in order to avoid a different problem (reported). Perhaps there is some kind of connection with the fact that they were in a local notebook. 

11. Export problems

I'm trying to export my notes. But, the content of some notes cannot be downloaded. I am guessing it has something to do with the issues described above. It seems that I'll have to export hundreds of notes via copy / paste. This will take a while, I'm afraid. Obviously, this isn't an iOS issue (I think this thread got moved here, because I didn't mean for it to be here). If you could pass this along, I'd appreciate it.

• Level 5*

12. Note numbers don't match

This is something that seems to crop up every once in a while (according to my memory of the last decade, at least). A notebook in iOS (iPad and iPone) has 18 notes (2 from a while ago that shouldn't be there, but are) and OSX has 16. Why? I don't know. There's nothing special about the two notes. 

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, GrumpyMonkey said:

12. Note numbers don't match

This is something that seems to crop up every once in a while (according to my memory of the last decade, at least). A notebook in iOS (iPad and iPone) has 18 notes (2 from a while ago that shouldn't be there, but are) and OSX has 16. Why? I don't know. There's nothing special about the two notes. 

I'm planning to submit a support ticket for this

My default notebook which I keep emptied has various remnants.

I have a full set of offline notebooks.  I've reseted by deleting and reinstalling.  I'll be monitoring this.

Archived