Evernote is damaged and can't be open

Please help me! I tried to log in to my Evernote today and received this error notification. I really really don't want to lose all of what I have saved over the last couple years and I am stressed out. Adding to this is my lack of computer troubleshooting prowess. Please help! How do I know that I'm not going to lose all of my files if I delete Evernote from my mac book pro? I installed an Evernote update yesterday versions 7.5.1 and am assuming that this has something to do with it, but I am not sure. I have also been getting warnings that my memory is almost full on my computer. Thank you very much for any assistance and please remember that I am not very tech savvy when you send your feedback.

1115478288_ScreenShot2018-09-28at1_20_22PM.png.f06052df8e7b8253e842723e123ac912.png

• Level 5*

Evernote is an online service.  The master version of your data is stored on the Evernote servers (exception - Local Notebooks an unsync'd notes)

Deleting the app and reinstalling will not affect your data,

• Level 5*

4 minutes ago, Scott92679 said:

How can I know for sure?

You can view the master version of your notes using the web platform at www.evernote.com
Make sure you use the correct userid/password.  It's too easy to create a new account.

Thank you for your help. I was using an older email address to save my notes and I had a newer one with no notes. This explains why when I logged in the first time I did not see any notes. I feel very relieved. Let's hope I don't ***** things up when I delete the app from my computer and re-install it! I guess you will know if I reply to this again. Thanks!

Archived