ladelstal

Sort notes using ! * @ and so on

Dear community,

I would like to know how different signs can be used to sort notes, i.e. making sure that they show up first. What is the order of different signs?

From a bit of trial and error, I have found, for example, that '!' comes before '.' and '*'. 

Is there a list of how these signs are arranged?

Apart from that I order notes using 1. 2. and so on, but sometimes (when I am working on something) I would like to pull up notes in the order by adding a sign infront that then changes the order.

Many thanks, Lotta

I use special characters to control the order of my notes in title sequence.
I also prefix my tagnames   ?Who !What @Where .When  
also repeating parent tags, for example !Colour-Blue !Colour-Red !Colour-White

There are various tables available on the internet; here's a basic ASCII Table

I suggest you do some experientation and see what works for you.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.

• Like 1

I'm not positive, but I think if you using multiple clients, the OS that client runs on may treat the sort differently.  For instance Android and Apple my tag list is !?. and Windows !#&.

19 minutes ago, Gear64 said:

I'm not positive, but I think if you using multiple clients, the OS that client runs on may treat the sort differently.  For instance Android and Apple my tag list is !?. and Windows !#&.

That my understanding too, at least last time I looked into it (some years back). I experimented with this sort of thing, but decided it didn't do anything for my workflow (regardless of any client differences), so I dropped it.

10 hours ago, ladelstal said:

Dear community,

I would like to know how different signs can be used to sort notes, i.e. making sure that they show up first. What is the order of different signs?

From a bit of trial and error, I have found, for example, that '!' comes before '.' and '*'. 

Is there a list of how these signs are arranged?

Apart from that I order notes using 1. 2. and so on, but sometimes (when I am working on something) I would like to pull up notes in the order by adding a sign infront that then changes the order.

Many thanks, Lotta

Create a group of notes with whatever characters you want as the first character in the titles.  Sort the group.  You should have your answer.