Black artefacts when scrolling

Just upgraded to Mojave and EN Version 7.5 (457109 Direct).

I am using the "light", not "dark", Mojave theme.

When using EN in the side list (or top list) view, black artefacts appear when scrolling. Yet when I screenshot them—to show here—the screenshot doesn't show the artefacts. Bizarre.

How do I fix this?

I have this issue exclusively on Dark Mode. The alternating colored rows are terribly annoying, and illegible—I can barely see the white text on light grey background.

The contrast with dark grey rows is an eyesore. I hope these changes are removed.

For the record, using the above post's suggestion to change accessibility did nothing to solve this.

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 9.57.14 AM.png

10/2/18- I also have this problem and it's Evernote's fault. Their designers must have placed improper transparency values for certain design elements in the List Views. You can see this for yourself if you have "Reduce Transparency" or "Increase Contrast" unchecked (System Preferences > Accessibility > Display > Reduce Transparency), and then set "View Options" in Evernote to either "Side List View" or "Top List View."  This System Preference setting will prevent those black artifacts from occurring, as mentioned above, but you'll now be able to see unwanted transparency within the list column, which should NOT be there. Come on, Evernote, please fix this soon!

macOS 10.14, 2012 MacBook Air

I also see this bug (ie, the blackening of line items in list view), and its become a real problem.  There appears to be a potentially related issue where Reminders in the list view are completely white-ed out and all Reminders become invisible.  Both of these issues appear to be resolved by unchecking "Reduce Transparency" in the Preferences > Accessibility > Display menu.

• Level 5
17 hours ago, 0Mac1 said:

I also see this bug [...] Both of these issues appear to be resolved by unchecking "Reduce Transparency" in the Preferences > Accessibility > Display menu.

No, that does not completely resolve the issue:

Posting again...

Latest Evernote 7.5.2 update for macOS does NOT fix this annoying display problem!

When seemingly obvious problems like this persist and go uncorrected after a number of updates I do worry about what's going on internally at Evernote.

My setup: macOS 10.14, 2012 MacBook Air

IMG_4074.jpg

another request to fix this problem Evernote, PLEASE!. On my MacBook, Reduce Transparency is greyed out. So that means another 20 minute search to solve another problem. Come on Evernote, it's bad enough that there's no support for duplicate items. I have to sort through thousands of documents and now I can't even see them?! ugh

Hello there,

I have the same problem, but I may have found a way around it. 

I have played around with the problem (restarting, quitting and such) and here are some observations I made.

Tell me if this is true for you. 

First, I have a 2014 MBP on Mojave and I have Evernote as a login item. I mostly care about the black artifact issue in the top list view since that is the only way I use Evernote. 

Something that I have noticed as I open Evernote after it was automatically launched is that the background color of lines in the list view has alternating shades of grey. The alternating colors also show up if I open a note in a separate window in fullscreen. You can see that in the left picture

The alternating colors would turn into a solid color if I would quit and launch Evernote manually again. Check the right picture

307369417_Screenshot2018-10-16at15_57_57.png.d2556c128f5a431d4cdb4450be001e12.png353887859_Screenshot2018-10-16at15_59_56.png.45fef8401c98a60a3fe130dbb2a32fbf.png

I think that I see alternating colors on all the screenshots in this topic that try to show the problem. Separately, from my experience I can attest that when I have the list view with alternating background colors the artifact issue happens much more consistently and getting rid of the alternating colors also seems to get rid of the artifact issue when scrolling

Now as stupid as it sounds, it seems that for me relaunching Evernote seems to temporarily fix the issue. I should also say that even with relaunched Evernote the alternating colors do come back again randomly and yes, the artifact issue comes with them. 

You will think that I must be joking, but I have a "have you tried turning it off and on again" kind of a question to this thread....

Archived