Easier to add reminders

markjl

Idea

12 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

The toolbar in the main window,  or the toolbar in the note?  Creating a reminder for me is: create new note (one keypress) add subject / choose date and time / done.  I agree its possible to create a new reminder directly in the mobile app,  but AFAICS its exactly the same process...

Well as accessible as possible within a note,
Perhaps on the note toolbar
Wherever there is space and whatever is convenient in terms of development but that when you look at a note, you see that there is a reminder. 
and if there is a reminder date you see that too, without having to click

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Still confused - there's the alarm clock icon in the toolbar (if you don't currently have one,  right-click just next to the three dots menu and choose customize toolbar) - that will show the date when you set it...

did you see my link? Quick overview 

my point is not to do additional clicks. the alarm clock button should be visible on the toolbar without clicking on the pull down menu.

Then when a reminder added, the alarm clock could be visible on the toolbar and bold or green to say a reminder added and if a date the data visible, again on the toolbar

On 9/25/2018 at 10:05 AM, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  Still confused - there's the alarm clock icon in the toolbar (if you don't currently have one,  right-click just next to the three dots menu and choose customize toolbar) - that will show the date when you set it...

On my Mac there is no alarm clock icon on the toolbar, but I did find something when I clicked on the ... on the far right.  Now to find the Mac alarm clock to add to my toolbar.  Thanks for taking the time to give me a clue to follow.  

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, mlmetz5612114 said:

On my Mac there is no alarm clock icon on the toolbar, but I did find something when I clicked on the ... on the far right.  Now to find the Mac alarm clock to add to my toolbar.  Thanks for taking the time to give me a clue to follow.  

You're posting in the Windows forum.
On Macs, you click on the ... More menu to set a reminder.
The note header bar can't be customized but the  reminder icon shows for  notes with a set reminder.

• Like 1

When I click the three dots and then select customize it says that I can drag the reminder icon to the toolbar. But when I try it doesn't let me. I get a circle with a line through it. Please tell me the solution. Or is it because I have the free version?

• Level 5*
On 6/2/2020 at 5:34 AM, a;kf;sda said:

When I click the three dots and then select customize it says that I can drag the reminder icon to the toolbar. But when I try it doesn't let me. I get a circle with a line through it. Please tell me the solution. Or is it because I have the free version?

Hi.  Your issue isn't related to your account type. 

If you're seeing this menu,  try dragging the icon over the top of an existing one - like 'share' in my case.  The target area to drop a new symbol is quite small.  

1896673740_ScreenClip4.png.4f866ef7880bcc9dde31280d811958bf.png