Long time user of Evernote, since August, 2010.  These new Light and Dark only themes are horrible!  I don't event want to use Evernote.  I am a Visual Studio Code user, and a long time Visual Studio user:  if you want to change to high contrast themes, at least provide some extensibility or customizability.  Additionally, the standard theme should be one of the options.  As an example, open Visual Studio Code and click on "Extensions", then type "theme", then "install" to install something different.  Another example, in Visual Studio click Tools, then Options, then Environment, then General, then select a Color Theme (4 options), or create your own theme using the Color Theme Editor for Visual Studio.

Using version 6.15.3.7881 (307881) Public (CE Build ce-53.2.6641)

• 1 month later...

I find Evernote to be a extremely useful application. I stopped using it because of poor contrast!

I have a mild visual impairment. Evernote on Webpage, Windows App, or Android App are not usable to me.  None of them come anywhere close to meeting contrast requirements called out in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 for enhanced contrast (7:1) and are just above normal contrast specification of 4.5:1. (I measured 5.8:1 on one  typical Evernote Page).

I have used, to great success, the Firefox Plugin "Stylus" to improve contrast on Evernote's Web Pages. This makes it quite useful, but does not help the Windows or Android applications. Even in this case, the lack of good contrast on the Android app makes the whole 'Mobile and PC' concept useless for me.

Not having themes means I don't use the program. The sad thing is that the Windows application already uses stylesheets (CSS) to control display elements. HOW Hard can it be to provide an easy to read application.

• 1 month later...

I am also visually impaired from cataract surgery that left me with floating grey blobs in front of my eyes. I can read just fine, but my contrast vision has greatly diminished. The new Dark Mode was poorly implemented, especially in the toolbar. Apple's recommended approach (at least according to the official MacOS and iOS Sketch files they provide) is to have toolbar links in orange against the dark grey. Not black on grey. I can barely make out the tools now. 

I've attached a screenshot of the toolbar in dark mode. It's almost unusable to me, but a simple color change to the icons would solve it.

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 10.44.51 AM.png

Below is a screenshot from Apple's official guidelines on iOS in Dark Mode. See how much easier it is to identify navigational items?

On Dark - 4 Buttons@2x.png

Archived