I'm Sticking with Evernote

pirate727

Dear Evernote : I'm not going anywhere. I just ask that Spaces and password protection be made available to ALL premium users. Fast track feature development for ALL users, not just teams. Get creative. Surprise us. You've been a success tool for me since 2004. Let's take EN to the next level. I'll wait. ?

Sticking with Evernote.png

? Nice to read something positive.

I've used Evernote for a looong time to. Loved it, hated it, abandoned it and come back to it. I found the differences between working on a Mac and then using it on iPhone AND an Ipad was confusing, there were endless sync problems (esp with Shortcuts disappearing on one device, or being overwritten by old shortcuts). Ever since I moved to a Microsoft Surface and only use it on the surface (I got rid of my iPad) things got much much better. Everything was on my Surface and I now use it for pretty much everything - GTD, file storage, project management. I tried to use WorkChat and signed up for a business account for a while but unfortunately we use Slack at work and it is just so much better for sharing notes and files between everyone, so at work that's all we used. That said, the Slack integration with Evernote is AMAZING. It is the single best new feature of Evernote that I have used in years. I can throw Slacks into Evernote and turn it into a task, and I can put files directly in Evernote from Slack. Then, just to complete the picture, the Evernote plug in for Outlook is equally awesome.

Evernote is simple (that's a plus after trying OneNote and just getting confused by its interface which is messy, overly complex) and in fact the only thing I can think I would like added is mark up and the ability to highlight text in multiple colours (yes, I know that's been asked for for ages) ... other than that, it's somewhere I'll stay for a long time. 

Nice -and positive- thought, @pirate727 and great insight into the Surface environment, @dagbo.  I am locked in with Evernote for so many reasons and do not see a departure from the platform in my future.  My profession is to help people buy and sell houses and when working with my clients I often remind them that there is no perfect house, simply the one you choose to make your home.  Evernote is my home ??

5 hours ago, Evernote_Returnee said:

Nobody knows how things will turn out in the next few years. So, I would rather skip second-guessing and use the tool that helps my workflow friction-free and efficient RIGHT NOW. 

Great point. That's pretty much where I ended up too.

On 9/22/2018 at 10:44 PM, pirate727 said:

I just ask that Spaces and password protection be made available to ALL premium users

Thanks for the positive post. It is still a great product despite some issues (which every app will have one way or the other).

These are good features to add for sure. I am not going anywhere either however I really would need the Windows app to get more stable and improve before any new features. I am still on 6.7 and would like to catch up to a great release for sure.

23 minutes ago, TK0047 said:

...I really would need the Windows app to get more stable ...

I went Mac bac in 2014, but still have a production machine for testing.  I was surprised at difference between the Mac & PC desktop apps.  The PC version was definitely buggy, duplicating notes and doing other strange stuff.  I deleted it on the PC and just use the online version there.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, pirate727 said:

I went Mac back in 2014 ... I was surprised at difference between the Mac & PC desktop apps.

Yay  Mac; I converted in 2010 and dropped Windows when I retired.
For me, aside from bugs and minor UI changes, the primary difference is Macs offfer robust built-in scripting (AppleScript) in Evernote and other apps.

4 hours ago, DTLow said:

Macs offfer robust built-in scripting (AppleScript) in Evernote and other apps.

Would love to know what kind of scripts you've put together.  I'm new to Apple Script, but will be learning more about it - especially since Mojave will let you pin them to the finder window.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, pirate727 said:

Would love to know what kind of scripts you've put together.  I'm new to Apple Script, but will be learning more about it - especially since Mojave will let you pin them to the finder window.

I'm using the discussion below to document my Applescript use

I am also committed to using Evernote because I can organize my information the way I want it to be organized. Is it a perfect application, no. But what software is? I've tried other document management software and they don't feel as fluid as Evernote. I hope I can count on Evernote being around for a long time to come.

Archived