Copying info from web pg to EN= format, edit problems

W7 Pro, 

Copying info from web pg to EN= format, edit problems with EN: 6.7.6.7584 on both W& Pro pcs.

What happens is hard to describe as the format, edit problems change all the time.  I do a normal copy paste
of information from a web page to a blank EN note.  To save space in EN, I delete any images I don't need.
I've tried the std Paste format & The paste & match style.  Whatever that is?  Same problem; I cant remove the spaces where the image was?  If I add to any content from a txt writer some info overlaps? info below it.  I can get rid of the overlapping content but sometimes a lot of copy disappears & I can't get it back.  Lots of important time $$$ lost just like EN experiences.

Is there a solution for preventing/correcting this and nothing on the web on the web about EN operating system or commands?  Even a simple cheat would help greatly.  I've been using EN since 2009 & It's very helpful when it works.  Lately EN's operation has been somewhat cattiwampus.

Regards,

Please advise solution.

1142882282_klxdrtred.jpg.1d6abdf288394d654210268e24961764.jpg

Have you tried the web clipper instead of the copy paste? I know it is not the same thing and you may get more stuff than you want but especially the simplified article option works for me way better in many cases.

Others have complained about the formatting issues with copy pasting from different applications and web so not sure if there is a great solution to this. 

You can also try pasting into a Word document first, modifying the formatting there and pasting into Evernote too. I remember seeing that suggestion here before as a intermediate step to solve the formatting problems. May be worth the try.

Thanks for the useful reply.  I've been using EN since 2009 & never used "web clipper" where do I find it? setup?
Your suggestions are interesting as 30+ yr Win user, 75% of my time creating 'workarounds' for all brands of Win SW.  Maybe that's why was smart enough to go with W7 Pro, '32bt'.  I use several 32 it programs because they just WORK, no problems: I even us a 1994 ver of an easy to use non programmable relational DBF database that will hold 2 billion entries & is faster than the the old Foxpro db.  Sometimes I think I would be more efficient going back to a more mechanical system. 

I'll try the EN web clipper if you guys just help me out a bit: "web clipper", where do I find it? setup?

Regards,

klxdrt

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, klxdrt said:

I'll try the EN web clipper if you guys just help me out a bit: "web clipper", where do I find it? setup?

Hi.  Clipper is an extension to your web browser.  Depending on which browser you use it may be at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/ or https://addons.mozilla.org/ - use the search option on the applicable page to look for "Evernote" which should take you to the right point to download that add-on.  (Make sure you're looking at the 'official' Clipper from Evernote - there are some third-party clones around.)

Once you've installed the app you'll need to log it into your account and it may spawn some help pages to show you how to use it.

Thanks for all your help, but EN is ?????; Ill stick to my way, it works. Is this 2018 or 1756?  Re-loading a muzzle loader is faster that this web clipper?  This makes EN a Model T Ford. In 2018, I expect & want a Tesla in the Insane Or Ludicrous mode.

Best Regards,

1144544090_klxdrtred.jpg.1d77a55b0da2b2cbbfaf79d016176ae6.jpg

Archived